The set bonus is a 15% increase to your movement speed. This also increases the speed of which you swing your tools, however it does not actually increase the speed of which you mine, cut down trees, or break things. However, armor from this set can be combined with armor from the Ancient Shadow Armor set for the set bonus. When the sets are mixed, the visual blur does not occur.
There is a blurred after-image of the armor when it is worn. Necro Armor, Ninja Outfit, and the Cobalt Armor will also cause this effect. Also, when using Rocket Boots, the rocket sparks are shaded purple rather than the usual orange. It does not affect the sparks from Spectre Boots.
|Defense||Bars required||Shadow Scales required||Ore required||Other bonuses|
|Helmet||+6||15||10||60||7% increased melee speed|
|Scalemail||+7||25||20||100||7% increased melee speed|
7% increased melee speed
|Set Bonus||N/A||N/A||N/A||15% increased movement speed|
21% increased melee speed, 15% increased movement speed
Because of Shadow Armor's 21% increase in melee speed and 15% increase in movement speed many players use it for PvP as a Hit and Run armor setup. Cutlass, when reforged and combined with Feral Claws and Shadow Armor, is the fastest hitting melee weapon around.
- Now able to be combined for the set bonus with Ancient Shadow Armor that has the old graphics.
- 5 less bars required to make each item.
- Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Set bonus changed to increase movement speed instead of melee attack speed.
- Each piece of the set now gives a 7% melee speed bonus.
- When the full set is worn, the Rocket Boots' sparks turn purple.
- No longer dropped by the Eater of Worlds.
- Armor graphics changed.
- Added to the game.