|Use Time||44 (Very Slow)|
|Tooltip||Fires a spread of bullets|
|Purchase From|| Arms Dealer|
|Purchase During||(Hard Mode)|
The Shotgun is a weapon that can be purchased from the Arms Dealer. It fires 3-5 pellets for each bullet, consuming only 1 bullet (a lot like the Clockwork Assault Rifle). The delay between each shot is approximately one second. Its spread pattern is randomized for every shot fired, resulting in the pellets never hitting the same spot twice.
- It is particularly effective when fighting bosses, large enemies or close-quarters combat with multiple enemies, such as during a Blood Moon or a Goblin Invasion.
- Due to its low rate of fire and low accuracy at medium range, it will seem almost completely useless against flying or teleporting enemies (e.g. Bats & Chaos Elementals).
- Crystal Bullets can double the Shotgun's overall effectiveness, as they emit multiple additional shards upon hitting a surface or enemy. Using Chlorophyte Bullets can prove even more effective at taking down small targets, as the targeting bullets all impact the enemy at the same time, dealing massive damage.
- Special ammunition should generally always be used for this gun, since normal bullets will render it nearly useless against all Hardmode enemies, except if used at point blank range. The only exception is the Meteor Shot as only one pellet will hit the enemy.
- Damage increased to 24.
- Damage increased to 23.
- Buy and sell price reduced.
- Added to the game.