The Sniper Rifle is the strongest ranged weapon in the game with the highest accuracy of any gun in terms of single shots, but gives poor damage per second overall. It is found in the Post-Plantera Dungeon and is only dropped by the Skeleton Sniper, a rare enemy found in the dungeon backed by slab walls, along with Rusty Armored Bones.
- Using the sniper rifle has the same zoom in/out effect as Rifle Scope, holding the right mouse button will move the F.O.V (Field Of View) in the direction of the mouse, giving it a wider range.
- Highest prefix is Unreal.
- On mobile the weapon will always zoom in, no matter what making this weapon a bad choice for close range combat
- If one combines an unreal sniper rifle with Shroomite Armor, the following Accessories with the Lucky prefix: Destroyer Emblem, Eye of The Golem, Sniper Scope, and two other accessories of your choice (Both With The Lucky Prefix), and a Rage Potion, the chance for a critical strike is 117%, the highest possible. However, the remaining 17% won't increase the damage output beyond double damage.
- It is possible to shoot an enemy through a door if the enemy is standing near one.
- It is possible to shoot through blocks.
- Increased damage from 128 to 185.
- Critical chance increased from 19% to 29%.
- Reduced use time from 49 to 35.
- Now correctly drops from Skeleton Snipers.
- Added to the game.