The Stylist is an NPC that can change the player's hair color and style. She spawns bound by webs in a Spider Nest and must be rescued by right-clicking her.
As of 1.3, she uses a pair of Stylish Scissors to fight nearby enemies.
|Hair Dye Remover||2||None|
|Depth Hair Dye||5||None|
|Life Hair Dye||5||If the player has 400 health|
|Mana Hair Dye||5||If the player has 200 Mana|
|Time Hair Dye||5||Special Moon needed|
|Biome Hair Dye||5||If the world is in Hardmode|
|Party Hair Dye||7 50||If the Party Girl is present|
|Rainbow Hair Dye||15||Must be Hardmode and 3 mech bosses defeated|
|Speed Hair Dye||5||Must be Hardmode and any hardmode mech boss is defeated.|
|Money Hair Dye||10||Player has at least 1 in their inventory.|
|Team Hair Dye||5||In Multiplayer, joined on a team.|
|Martian Hair Dye||30||After Martian Madness.|
|Twilight Hair Dye||30||After Martian Madness.|
During a Blood Moon
During the morning
Only when another NPC exists
After being freed from a Spider Nest
|Note: Upon adding a new name, make sure you add it in alphabetical (ABC) order.
- Once rescued, she will stay in the vicinity until a suitable Home is built for her.
- Since Spider Nests were added in the 1.2 update, the Stylist cannot be found in worlds generated before 1.2.
- An easy way to find the Stylist is to search through the Underground Snow Biome and keep and eye out for a Spider Nest.
- Running in and out of a Spider Nest until she spawns is a much easier way to spawn her than searching in multiple nests.
- She has the highest quote count of any NPC.
- Until 1.2.4, she did not receive a randomly generated name.
- She seems to be very violent during Blood Moons, threatening to cut the player's head.
- Her quote "Don't go exploring with scissors, they said. You won't get trapped in spider web, they said!" seems to be a reference to the "[X], they said. It will be fun, they said!" meme.
- The name Meliyah may be a reference to the game Xenoblade Chronicles, where one of the party members you get is named Melia.
- Sometimes, the Stylist might not respawn and the player will have to look for her again (fixed in 1.2.4).
- The Stylist may be named Elliot.
- The Stylist may change names when you exit and come back to that world. (possibly mobile only)
- Added Martian Hair Dye and Twilight Hair Dye.
- Available with random names.
- Added to the game.