|This page is an archive. Please do not edit the contents of this page. Direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
Terraria has been released!
Terraria is now available on Steam for $9.99 per copy, or $29.99 for a 4-pack.
Hello, I believe we should implement templates for pages that fall into the same categories, for instance weapons or items. Doing this soon will allow us greater flexibility later down the road when we will want or need to make great changes or minor tweaks. To this end I have made a first template, which I propose be used for all weapons and tools pages.
The template can be found here : Template:Weapon
Becer 05:24, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Good idea! Question; for the Image, is there a general consensus that it should be 140X140 pixels approximately 2 KB? Maybe we need some more Help: pages that actually show what is/are the proper way(s) to be creating/modifying articles. Here is an example of such from the Call of Duty Wiki:
- Just thinking a little along Becer's lines: "later down the road".
- Elfstevie 06:09, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Any reason it should 140 specifically? I had picked 128 a bit at random yesterday. Also, my template is far from finished. I need to find a way to add the several informations and have it still look good :
* Merchant price information * Crafting information * Drop information
- Other templates will also be needed for other item types.
- --Becer 13:22, May 17, 2011 (UTC)
Using real sprites
I decided to write a dumper for all the images in the game.
To use it, copy->paste the Content folder
(For steam, its in C:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/terraria/)
into the same folder this application is in.
Run it, press enter, and It'll announce once its done.
When it is, you can open up the new folder "Textures" it created in the same directory and all the images (in PNG) will be there.
188.8.131.52 04:35, May 18, 2011 (UTC)
soo, the official terraria wiki is released.
i propose that we cease adding to this page and instead try to move over information from here to there.
this is because there is really no reason for two competing wikis. ‒ Flying sheep 07:45, May 18, 2011 (UTC)
- Yup, I've officially given up. This wiki should be closed or something. Started anew within the new and official wiki. Too many vandals have broken in, and like all the swords are redirected to the overall sword page, making the individual sword item pages moot. I raise the white flag. Similar message is gonna be posted on my profile. PEACE OUT!!! Elfstevie 02:39, May 19, 2011 (UTC)
- I would be less reluctant if Curse wasn't so god awful, wikia is better in almost every single way. If only there was some way to keep retard anons away. Being able to use this account on all major wikis is leagues above any "officiality" that the curse one has. Plus this is the first link in Google (the curse one isn't even on the first page) so whatever.Alepov 04:34, May 21, 2011 (UTC)
- Please let staff know via special:contact if the vandalism is getting out of hand. Personally, I don't think it's usually a good idea to prevent anon edits on a new and growing wiki, but it is possible where needed and this setting is used permanently or temporarily on some wikis. Vandalism can also be reported here if you need some extra help reverting it. Angela 11:31, June 1, 2011 (UTC)
- The problem has died down a lot with a some agressive maintenance. When your vandalism only lasts only a few minutes the appeal drops off dramatically. As more "good" users find and start keeping a watch on things it'll only improve. I do share reservations about having an unofficial wiki when an official one exists but I think the best way to handle it is just let the people decide. If it dies it dies. -- Osculate(talk) 19:45, June 6, 2011 (UTC)
Front page "contents"
I think Blocks and Crafting should be added to the "quick links" on the front page, as many coming to the wiki may be looking for more information on those subjects. ‒ Dragory 01:05, May 19, 2011 (UTC)
Wait, there's an official wiki too? Huh.
I have some data on mana regeneration, I'm wondering how to express the conclusions and where to place the information.
This data was found by timing (with a stopwatch) the time taken for my character (with 200 mana) to regenerate mana after expending all of my mana using rocket boots. The results are accurate to an optimistic one second, I only did each test once.
Heres a table of the data transformed into mana/second regeneration rate (not accurate to significant figures given, if I were to guess I'd say accurate to around +-0.7):
|Number of Regenerating Items||0||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|Mana Regenerated Per second||3.45||5.00||6.67||7.70||9.09||10.53||12.5|
The conclusions I draw from this are:
1. Each item with the ability "Slowly regenerates Mana" has the same effect as any other (I also tested the different meteor armour pieces, and found no difference among them.) Needs to be varified with Cobalt Armour.
2. The bonus to mana regeneration rate is linear with regards to the number of regenerating items equipped.
Possibly put this info up on the "Mana" page as "Mana regenerates at a base rate of ~3.5/s, each item adds a bonus of ~1.5/s" ?
TKTom 13:36, May 22, 2011 (UTC) TKTom
Misspelling on "Environments"
It now spells Enviroments, should be with an N (Environments)
I'd change this, but cannot.
184.108.40.206 14:36, May 27, 2011 (UTC)
Raid of Porn Pictures being post here [high priority]
I just noticed the amount of porn pictures posted here, which are posted in 'Raid' speed. Immediate action is required.
Pandaturds 13:47, May 27, 2011 (UTC)RED WIZARD aka PANDATURDS
What's with all the porn?
There is a typo on the main page. it's EnviroNments
My idea to add to terraria
I was thinking how about dragons all 12 element dragons, and there be a mini boss dragon of each element. They would drop element crystals that you would take to the middle of the earth, and find a dragon shrine that would form a dragon statue. In the middle of the day you can summon it. It will have more health then skelatron, maybe 10,000hp and it will also have 5,000 mana. It could maybe be called the elemental dragon. It will have a unquine battle music, and you will get dragon armor, tools, and weapons from it. which the whole suit of armor gives you a total of 100 defence, and the set bonus will be health max increases to 500 and mana to 400.
I think this might be a good idea for terraria, and it is all right if you don't use this idea Red and Blue
- You might want to try posting that some place they might actually see it, like the Terraria forums, rather than as an off topic addition to a page about the front of the unofficial wiki. ;) -- Osculate(talk) 22:38, June 17, 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe it's unoficcial, but we can show 'to do' list to somebody later :). I think we can post here many ideas, mabe they will be used. If there will be much new stuff, like items or spells or whatever, then maybe we'll change something :P. And I have another idea, that's quite desirable :). Bags or backpacks! Hope someone will read this, I'd like to see dragons with backpacks (lootable :P). Greet :). Eragra3 21:55, August 8, 2011 (UTC)
Link page to wiki's of likeminded games
I was thinking, how about we make a page to other, likeminded indy games? There should be one rule: These wiki's should have a similar page with the same links (including this wiki, obviously). Could be the start of a ring-like indie support thing.
I'm posting this message on a number of wiki's, but I won't post other links unless it's agreed we start such a thing.
--Gemberkoekje 15:04, June 20, 2011 (UTC)
Using IDA Pro, I was able to make a table of the projectiles in this game, with all properties that were given in one of the functiosn of the main executable, which can be seen here. I've also been able to conclude that the amount of clouds shown at one time is limited, and added the info here, near the end.
My point is, I'm sure there are much more skilled reverse engineers around here, who can take this to the next level and gather more information about the game. I'd just like to make you all aware of each other, and possibly get you to work together on figuring out more definitive data than what I can conjure up with my limited skills.
New Biome Idea- Mountain biome
This biome is a high elevated piece of land (the hight depends on map size/ can reach up to the level where the floating islands reach). These mountains will be made primarily of stone and therefore will not have any trees. The mountain, similar to the forest biome will have small caves a chests. The mountain acts as a mid game biome due to the fact that some steep edges on the mountain (possibly >9 tiles high) can be timely to carve a path through. The easiest way to navigate the mountain biome is with other items such as grappling hook or other accessories such as shiny red ballon or rocket boots. Also the back wall of the mountain could be made of stone rather than dirt to match better (however It must also blend well into the dirt wall as dirt blocks blend into stone blocks). There could be a house, similar to the gold brick house in the underground jungle, at the top of the mountain. The mountain biome would contain similar monsters to forest biomes such as Zombies and Slimes. There could also be a monster that behaves similar to a corrupt bunny called a mountain goat or a monster called a eagle that looks like a bald eagle which behaves similarly to a vulture. Also a rare monster unique to the mountain biome could be a Undead Mountain Climber who can drop the Mountain Climber Helmet.
Mountain Climber Helmet
This rare monster called Undead Mountain climber has a 100% of a possible vanity item Mountain Climbers Helmet. The Mountain Climbers Helmet is a vanity item that is part of a Mountain climber vanity set (reference to the character from mountain maniac) The other parts of the set can be crafted at a loom to using fur dropped from mountain goats or could be purchased from the clothier or are drops from a mini boss the Yeti.
The Yeti/ mountain troll
The Yeti is a mini boss that is similar the level king slime. It will have 2000 health and 10 defense and 30 attack damage. It can only spawn 1/3 away from the spawn and has a 1 in 300 chance of spawning in the place of a mountain goats. The yeti is not necessary for the mountain biome but I think it could work similarly to the king slime. Not sure how well it will work however with the step sides and moving during the battle.
Please leave suggestions about some of the other monsters or items that can be incorporated into the new biome idea. Leave in the comments some suggestions about what monsters could be in the biome or alternative boss. Also if there is any other ideas about the vanity set and what it could looks like please share your ideas.
it's so hard to kill skeletron prime im trying to kill him for the gungir i need advice on how to kill him plz
i have the recquirements to get the NPC's but they wont spawn all i have is the guild, Please help. Lanndog47 11:26, January 13, 2012 (UTC)
- This isn't the place for questions about how to do things it for suggestions. But generally if NPCs wont spawn you need to create a new world. 12:13, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
I don't like how hero can only add videos
"Do not add video content to articles. Videos will now be managed by administrator HeroGaming."
Hi, earth to Terraria Wikia, THIS IS A WIKI. This is not a "add what you want but only if we let you" place, this is a place where you're free to add what you want. The is the biggest load of bul I have ever heard of, not to mention it just screams "OH MY GOD HERO IS SO AWESOME EVEN THOUGH HE'S NOT" and various other crap that doesn't belong.
Seriously. This is outright bullcrap, and it doesn't belong on a wiki. After all, making sure Hero's the one who does videos doesn't guarantee quality. After all, look at his Dual Hook video. HE BASHED IT BECAUSE HE FORGOT THAT HE CAN USE THE E KEY. This wiki would be better off if any decent person could post videos, not just some guy who apparently has beaten every single boss by himself and has beat all hardmode bosses at once which really isn't that big of an achievement because any decent person can do that.
If this isn't rectified, then I reserve all right to request that this wiki be shut down due to it being obselete AND prejudice against the general population. There's another, much better wiki that ISN'T obnoxiously prejudice that ACTUALLY CONTAINS CORRECT INFORMATION TOO, not to mention it's better organized and easier to use.
Thank you for reading this.
- petden (2:08, January 23, 2012 (CET)): I completely agree with Anonymous about the videos. Hero is an admin, that doesn't mean, that he should be the only one, who can add videos. It's okay, to don't allow people to add crappy videos, but others should be able to post videos too, this is a wiki. I have a feeling, that Hero put this on the homepage, so everyone will watch only his videos, and he will get all the views. There are a lot of youtubers out there, who make good terraria videos, guides (like Yrimir). Hero is not a god, he isn't the best terraria player ever, and others make good terraria videos too. I don't like that, his videos are everywhere, even in the frontpage all the time.
- To the original poster. To start off regardless of how you feel the wiki wont be shut down. Even if i (an admin) requested it get shut down, wikia will refuse. This is a community project and its not going to be shut down because someone dislikes it, we average 2 million hits a week, wikia isn't just going to cut off a nice portion of profit. The reason Hero is the only one allowed to do videos is from the past when people all thought there video was best. They would go to a page remove a really good video and replace it with junk, in an attempt to stop this a user from youtube was found to do videos. I'm not personally going to comment on what i think as it doesn't really help all i'm going to say is 1, please don't consider the wiki "obnoxiously prejudice" when this is the actions of just a single user. 2nd thing this is a community and what the community wants goes (assuming its reasonable) so you are welcome to start a forum post requesting support for additional users to add videos, if thats what the community wants hero has no choice but to accept it.
- To the second replier, i hear a lot about Yimir but have yet to see him/her on the wiki. If you know them get them to apply to hero to add some videos. If you ever want to see who did something to a page you can use the History link in the Edit dropdown.
- To sum up, hero told me he is willing to allow others to add them. He would just like to see them first to check quality, he also wants the user to be someone with a reasonably large following on youtube that they can use to help promote the wiki. 12:16, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I admit that this announcement really feels more like a Hero wants to plug his own youtube channel for his own benefit. being admins of wikia's im pretty sure you can somehow view the recently linked youtube videos. or at least view recently updated pages. Most of Hero's videos kinda bug me anyway as it really seems more like hes just reading the wiki rather than showing anything useful.
- If its possible you may be able to get away with adding a video section to each page where not-approved videos could be linked, all the while having a featured video be higher up on the page... Maybe this is a good compromise. Monopolizing videos doesn't really sit well with me. despite using this wiki since the day i bought terraria on Steam. if Hero's decision stands ill probably go find another. Yeah i may be 1 voice in 1000 but how many others agree with this.
- I agree with the original idea that Hero gets to check videos first before posting them on to prevent spam deleting-and-posting, but again, perhaps we could find another way around this? I agree with the guy above me that we should be able to post our own videos in a "Video Gallery" section or something.
- I would just like to see Hero putting more info into his videos, other than "Lets see this item, its made from this, this, this and this. I think it can do this? No? No, it can't. I wonder if it can do-? Oh never mind." It would be great if Hero could actually verify some things before posting up his videos. Its quite annoying when he gives wrong/unverified information.
- I guess im siding with both sides- Don't stop Hero completely, but have him make better videos. A Gallery section where people can add their own videos would be great too.
- Technically Yrimir doesn't make "help" videos, the kind of which should be on a wiki. He makes entertaining videos which don't teach you much (Most of them!). Don't get me wrong, i like Yri more than Hero. Its just that i don't think his kind of videos would be great up here.
- LumpZ 11:31, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
I agree it is annoying but here are some things you should think about:
1. HeroGaming is a trustworthy guy that the wiki knows.
2. This makes them sound a little bit more lazy but they arent, it saves them the trouble of deleting spam videos.
Suggestion: Other languages
My suggestion is to make a section, for example at the end of each page, with new translations of items, creatures, NPCs... etc. With that more people would visit the Wiki. As a Spanish player I'd try to collaborate with that. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) . Please sign forum and talk page posts with ~~~~ (4 tildes).
- Hello i have been sort of looking into this lately. I have found a russian based terraria wiki and think maybe we should try to join them. I'm not so sure about having the translations on the same wiki as its hard to keep an eye on content you don't understand. But i like the idea of having partner wikis who have the different languages. Let me know if you interested in making a wiki. I and i'm sure some other users will be happy to show you the ropes. 12:13, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
Return a reference to the Russian wiki. Igor 16:08, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
You are about to return the interwiki link to the Russian wiki? Igor 10:14, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, CMON!! Igor 11:41, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
Um, so where the reference to the Russian wiki? Igor 11:08, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
The Poll's broken
Every time I vote, it adds one to yes instead of no. Also, Hero, quit being such a Jew. 18.104.22.168 21:41, January 29, 2012 (UTC)
King slime revision
In the "Tactics" section of the article on king slime, a photo has typo, saying "deign" instead of "design".
Coocoohead39 03:04, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
- This should probably be reported in the comments on the page itself. But, fixed =)
Mathmagician ( talk ♥ blog ) 03:17, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry, of topic but Coocoohead39?
- why? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Fadel12321 (talk • contribs) . Please sign forum and talk page posts with ~~~~ (4 tildes).
Just a thought on the mod
am i the only one that thinks every single mob in the mod is just way beast-mode?? like wtf skeleton with almost 1k of life and def almost twice as the player?? i mean hell yeah its fun and not boring but man almost died a couple times deep underground. 1 hit=150dmg xD with 56 def lol
PrakatusPrime 23:54, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
i just started talking
I Like Terraria
everyone i don't have a account
so everyone how's terraria going?
Favorite terraria boss?
A(Eye of cthulu)
B(Eater of worlds)
Terraria is one of my favorite games i just love the stuff you can build in it.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) . Please sign forum and talk page posts with ~~~~ (4 tildes).
This is NOT the official wiki.
This is not the official wiki.
The official wiki is at wiki.terrariaonline.com/Terraria_Wiki.
The site is run by curse.com, and, also can be edited by anyone.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) . Please sign forum and talk page posts with ~~~~ (4 tildes).