|Purchase Value||2 50|
|This item cannot be crafted.|
The Teleporter allows for instant transmission between two Teleporter pads linked with Wire. As of 1.2.3 patch, wires have unlimited worldwide access, so there is no distance limit.
Placing a pressure plate on top of a teleporter creates an instant teleporter, so you don't need to rely on manually clicking levers or timers.
By attaching wire to each side, Teleporters can be chained together to provide long distance transportation. Using the alternate coloured Wires, a single Teleporter pad can be connected up to six other pads.
If more than two Teleporters are connected with a single wire, only two will activate; see the section below for more details.
Teleporters provide a blinking light source, somewhat dimmer than a Torch, alternating from off to illuminated at one second intervals.
Teleporters can only be purchased from the Steampunker but will function normally if taken to other pre-hard mode worlds.
The blocks composing a teleporter can be shaped using a hammer. Flattening a teleporter to half blocks will affect the area in which entities will teleport and their position after teleporting, as these are both relative to the teleporter's top surface.
Multiple pads on a single network
When a wire network is activated with more than two teleports, the following algorithm determines which pair will activate.
- Start at the trigger mechanism which caused the wire to activate.
- Explore the network one square at a time, moving to an adjacent unexplored wire if one is available, backtracking otherwise (in other words, perform a depth first search).
- When there is a choice of adjacent wires to explore, move left as the first choice, then right, then up, then down.
- Keep track of the order in which the teleporters on the network are first encountered (in other words, order them by preorder).
- The first and last teleporter in this order will activate, and the rest will do nothing.
This algorithm is deterministic, so a fixed wiring layout will always activate the same teleporters. The wiring layout can be chosen to target the desired teleporter. In the example below, each pressure plate connects the teleporter below it to the top teleporter.
- If monsters (for example, Bats) are near you when you teleport, they can sometimes be teleported with you.
- Creatures from other biomes can spawn when a teleporter is nearby.
- Teleporting while grappled to a surface will not cause your grappling hook to detach, and its arm will extend to where you teleport to, where it will draw you back to the original teleporter. Flails the player has out will also be extended all the way back to the original teleporter.Fixed as of 1.2.3
- Wire's range extended to 3990 feet
- Will not work in Lihzahrd Temple
- Added to the game.