Terraria 2 Officially Announced! - 3 October 2013
- The reason for developing a sequel, as opposed to continuing to update the original Terraria, comes down to freedom. "There's a lot of stuff I'm locked into with Terraria," he explained. "The way loot works, the way character progression works. In Terraria 2, I really want to have infinite worlds so you're not just stuck to one world. You can travel anywhere. I want more biome diversity in that, too. There's a lot of stuff [I want to add and change]."
- The announcement of Terraria 2 doesn't mean Terraria is now to be left as-is. While an update on par with 1.2 is unlikely to be seen again, Spinks said he is thinking about a Halloween update and "finishing the endgame progression" in the next few months. He has looked into the possibility of "hiring another small team to continue updates while I move onto Terraria 2" and considers that a potential option, which should be encouraging to Terraria fans who are hoping to see the game continue to evolve.
More info can be found here!
Release Date for v1.2 Officially Announced! - 11 September 2013
The news we've all been waiting for – the release date for v1.2 has been officially announced for October 1, 2013!
Update - 15 September 2013: The trailer for the 1.2 update has been posted! Give it a watch below:
Terraria has been released on iOS! - 30 August 2013
Following a surprise announcement by 505 Games on August 28, the iOS version of Terraria was released yesterday, August 29! It is currently available on the iOS App Store.
Listed features of this version include:
- Redesigned Controls & Game Balance – The controls have been completely redesigned for the Multi-Touch environment on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and every aspect of the game has been tweaked and balanced to give players the perfect Terraria experience on the go.
- Retina-Optimized – The game is fully optimized for the stunning Retina display on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Join in the discussion of this new release at this blog post!
New v1.2 Preview! - 22 May 2013
On May 22, Redigit posted this new video showing off several of the new features of the upcoming 1.2 update! Highlights from the video include:
- A minimap!
- Half-blocks are shown in action (including a waterfall effect from water next to half-blocks!)
- Several new weapons and tools, including Terra Blade, Hammush (reference to a fan comic), and even a Rocket Launcher!
- The ability to paint blocks using a Paintbrush!
- Water in different colors!
- More building materials (Rainbow Block)!
Terraria console versions released! - 28 March 2013
Great news leading up to this Easter weekend — Terraria is now available on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360! With it comes new content exclusive to the console version, so please feel free to add pages for this new content to our wiki. If you have any questions, stop by the Help Desk or leave comments in the comment stream on pages. Have a great weekend everyone!
- Tip: If you're new to Terraria, check out the starter guide and use the site navigation to explore the wiki further as you progress through the game.
Terraria Wiki Mobile App - 6 August 2012
A new Android app has been released that gathers information from this wiki and displays it in your mobile device. This app is perfect as a quick reference while you are playing Terraria, no more switching or closing windows when you need to look something up! All of the info you will ever need is in the palm of your hand! Since this app uses realtime content you never have to wait for the app to be updated to add more content, if its on this wiki its on the app! For more information about this app be sure to check out this blog post!
Recent User Blog Posts
Now, I know, from my previous (and current) wiki'ing experience, that blogs aren't to be used to introduce oneself to the community in which they fin…Read more >
Is the Golem To easy for its loot example with Vampire Knives you can beat with little or no effort at all and get the best pickaxe in the game, :/
An…Read more >
Leave some feedback on what class you like to use the most and why you like your chosen class, Thanks.
Also check out this cool Youtube channel by Cob…Read more >
1. Blog posts about stupid and useless top 10 and possible poll on them.
Seriously, if you are going to blog post something, make it worth it. No one …Read more >
- Demon Eyes Family
- Hornet Family
- Eater Family
- Bones Family
- Burrowing monsters
- Any Boss
Comment below which is your favorite. …Read more >