Different users have access to different functions of the site. While anyone can do most things on the site, including reading and editing, administrators can access a few additional functions.
Administrator abilities Edit
These additional functions include:
- Deleting and undeleting pages, page histories, and uploaded files.
- Locking (protecting) a page so it cannot be edited or renamed by users without admin rights or autoconfirmed status.
- Blocking IP addresses or user names from editing; and very quick "rollback" of undesirable edits.
- Editing the interface by changing system messages and skins.
Bureaucrat abilities Edit
A bureaucrat can make other users into bureaucrats or administrators on their own wiki.
Bureaucrats can also give users the ability to "rollback" edits not made in good faith.
Who are this wiki's administrators? Edit
The "founder" of a wiki, the person who first requested it, is given administrator access automatically. Founders are also given bureaucrat access so they can make any other user on their wiki an administrator or bureaucrat. For a complete list of users with administrator access, see Special:Listusers/sysop.
The admins of Terraria wiki are listed below.
If you need to contact an administrator, you can use the Admin Noticeboard or the talk page of any active admin. A list of active admins can be found on the Navigation Bar under Community > Administrators.
All administrators possess cyan-colored usernames. If you feel that a user is impersonating an admin by using a cyan-colored signature, please contact any active administrator.
How do I use administrator powers? Edit
See Help:Administrators' how-to guide for a guide on using admin functions.
Becoming an administrator Edit
You can nominate yourself or someone else to become an administrator at any time. Please read the Terraria Wiki:Admin and Bureaucrat Policy first, then post your nomination on the Terraria Wiki:Admin and Bureaucrat Nominations page. Nominations can be voted on by all editors on the Terraria Wiki, but generally speaking, nominees will need to:
- Be trusted editors on the wiki with a history of making beneficial contributions
- Have demonstrated an aptitude for learning/using wiki markup or other advanced features
- Have support of the current admins, with (ideally) no opposing votes made by admins
What can administrators not do? Edit
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.