The Destroyer (Not actual size)
|Attack|| Head: 60|
Body (Laser): 22
Body (Touch): 40
|Defense|| Head: 0|
|Summoned By||(Night Only, when Mechanical Worm is used.)|
| 5-15 Greater Healing Potions|
15-30 Souls of Might
The Destroyer, unlike the Eater of Worlds, does not break apart when individual pieces lose all of their HP. Instead, it dies as one entity and its loot falls from its head.
- Base level, recommended equipment for this fight is Adamantite or Hallowed armor, at least 2 potions of each kind that increase your stats or help you fight (Ironskin Potion, Thorns Potion, Gravitation Potion, Hunter Potion, Swiftness Potion, Shine Potion, Night Owl Potion ), a Flamethrower with ~500 Gel loaded, Philosophers Stone and 10 Greater Healing Potions. For advanced players an arena is not required.
- It is advised to use weapons that can pierce through multiple targets, such as Unholy Arrows, Jester Arrows, a Flamethrower, the Demon Scythe, or just a broadsword or spear. Holy Arrows are also effective, as the stars summoned can pass through targets as well, and joined with the Star Cloak, spamming probes down should be easy. The Flamethrower is effective because it rapidly inflicts high damage and passes through at least 3 segments per shot. The Magical Harp is extremely efficient against this boss. Using this weapon, it is even possible to kill it three times in a single night.
- And it helps to kill it faster but may not be easier to kill this boss if you have the Crystal Storm(recommended to Average-Pro players).And you should fight it long way from your home. if low on health use the mirror.and make the spawn point right to get out as fast as possible out of your house (NPC´s might get damaged or slain) with this tactict even if your not a good player you should get it atleast half of its health and remember to bring atleast 2 Gravitation Potions 2 Iron Skin potions 2 Thorns potions 1-2 magic power potions and mana regeneration potion And it makes it easier to have Mana Flower and 10-20 Greater mana potions and greater health potions.
- If the player doesn't have access to end-game weapons yet, the best choice would be the Cursed Flames, as they can easily fill up the screen and damage the boss repeatedly while also making short work of the probes.
- The boss is immune to debuffs, but the probes aren't, so cursed attacks or the Dao of Pow will be very effective on them.
- Much like its lesser form, The Destroyer is not very effective when faced with players on platforms. Making platforms with 15 spaces in between each will ensure the boss itself doesn't reach the player, however its lasers can still shoot you, and be sure to give yourself plenty of running space, about 80 blocks wide.
- Probes are useful for healing (100% chance of dropping a heart). If you have good defense and ration these hearts, it is possible to win without using any potions.
1) Hellstone/Meteorite Method:
- As with other bosses, a simple way of fighting The Destroyer is to build a semi-large arena and cover the top with a layer of hellstone or meteorite blocks. Unequip any obsidian items and do not drink Obsidian Skin Potions while fighting the boss, while wearing a Cross Necklace and the Star Cloak for ideal results. With a high enough defense rating (reforging accessories to Warding may help), you will take very low damage from the fiery blocks, and the period of invincibility after being hit by them will prevent bosses from damaging you, even if you are standing inside them. This strategy can be superior to the Sand Coffin method, since you are free to move around, rather than being trapped by sand.
2) Ranged 'Death From Above' Methods:
- Get an Adamantite Repeater and/or a Clockwork Assault Rifle. Obtain a large number of Hellfire Arrows and/or Crystal Bullets, and a few Gravitation Potions. Start the battle and fly over The Destroyer, firing away with your ranged weapon of choice. A long sky bridge built away from your house with a hole to shoot through would also aid with this method.
- Another way to kill The Destroyer is to make a giant ceiling just out of its reach, hang on it and shoot it with a powerful weapon such as the Star Cannon or the Hallowed Repeater. Laser shooting probes will still be able to reach you with this method.
3) Explosives Method:
- Rig up a wire system with explosives in several groups and a lever. Each individual block of explosives inflicts about 500-800 damage. About 2-3 groups of explosives should be enough to kill the boss. Place the clusters of explosives about 15 blocks apart. Activate the trap when The Destroyer is crossing them. With good timing, the explosives will kill it in seconds.
4) Arena Methods:
- Build a room or arena out of dungeon bricks, then buy as many explosives as possible and throw Grenades, Dynamite or Bombs. An arena that has several small rooms can prevent The Destroyer from firing lasers at you, effectively reducing taken damage, however you must still avoid the rest of The Destroyer's body as well.
- You could also create a room up in the sky containing your Nurse. As the Destroyer tends to kill all of your NPCs if your battle is close to your house (it can't reach very high up), it will be very effective and much safer to fly to the Nurse with a Gravitation Potion to fully heal. Note that a Wyvern could spawn and kill the Nurse. Just bring some cash (at least 1-2 Gold), something to get up there, and your best ranged weapon with Cursed Bullets/Arrows (fill up all of your ammo slots plus a bit more). Some emergency healing pots and other defense/attack pots might also be useful.
- Another arena method is to make a large room (preferably in the Dungeon so that you can get plenty of hearts from killing the enemies) and use any weapon that can bounce off the walls multiple times, like the Water Bolt (preferably with a reforge to offset its low damage) or the Crystal Storm (Cursed Flames does more damage but bounces less). You should have Mythril Armor or better, all accessories reforged to Warding, and a Mana Flower complemented by quite a few Greater Mana Potions. After you have done all of this preparation, you can spawn him and he should take between 6 and 10 minutes to kill.
5) Tanking Methods:
The below strategies require that you have a high armor rating (50+) in order to be successful in slaying The Destroyer.
- Reforge your accessories for more defense (at least Armored is recommended). Coupled with an Ironskin Potion, you can easily reach 70-75+ defense (with an Adamantite set). With that kind of gear, you can simply battle him on the ground, melee him and retreat when your health falls to dangerous levels (it'll take a good while though). It is even possible to outheal him with a Philosopher's Stone and enough defense, since you'll mostly be receiving damage from the body.
- For this method you will need approximately 50-60 armor. You can create a tower and just stand inside it. The Destroyer will pass through you and you can use Crystal Storm to deal LOTS of damage to him really quickly. You WILL get damaged, but you can count on the probes as a source of healing, as they will die very quickly in this setup. Recommended accessories for this method are: Mana Flower; Star Cloak; Obsidian Shield (or Cobalt Shield); Philosopher's Stone (in case you need to heal with potions more than needed).
- For this method, you need around 70-80 armor, from Hallowed armor and 5 accessories, all reforged to Warding. The upside to this costly reforging process is that you will take little damage. Get 99 Wooden Platforms and place them, starting at the ground, and going straight up, and then placing dungeon blocks right next to the platforms, ending 1-3 blocks above the final platform. You will need a Flamethrower with around 2000 Gel. When you summon him, just jump up and continuously fire the Flamethrower. You will need Ironskin Potion, Regeneration Potion, Featherfall Potion, and Thorns Potion. It will only take 5-10 minutes to beat him.
6) Flail Method:
- Another method of killing him with is with any kind of flail (best with the Dao of Pow). Find or create a flat surface about 15-20 blocks long and summon it. Manipulate the boss so that it approaches you parallel to the ground (preferably with Cobalt Shield or hooked to the ground so that you don't move) and just wait INSIDE the Destroyer with your flail out. This is a fast way to inflict damage while minimizing the damage you take. You probably won't need a lot of potions, but bring a few healing potions to be safe. If there are a lot of probes, you can just kill them with the Dao of Pow, collect the hearts and continue like before.
7) Spell Methods:
- For this method, you need Hallowed Armor (melee), a Magical Harp, and a Cobalt/Obsidian Shield. Spawn The Destroyer and as he passes over you, stand inside him and aim you Magical Harp along the longest side you can get and shoot at low pitch (close to your body click holding). You should make short work of The Destroyer. You also need the best prefix for damage for your harp and Menacing for all your accessories.
- An excellent strategy which is very useful for players with a Crystal Storm is to stand in The Destroyer when at full health and have the Mana Flower equipped in the accessory slot (obviously with some type of Mana Potion). This deals heavy damage to the destroyer and about 1000 health will be dealt in a matter of about 2-3 seconds. You may need some potions to go with it to allow you to survive, or you could wire up some Heart Statues directly underneath you. Another weapon that also works is the Demon Scythe, which is effective at close range.
- The Destroyer does not break up when being fought.
- Upon being slain, The Destroyer drops items from its head like most burrowing enemies, so if slain whilst the head is underground you may have to dig around to claim your drops. Luckily, the Souls of Might generate light even when inside a block, thus locating them is an easy task. It is advised to kill the Destroyer when the head is in clear sight.
- Each segment of The Destroyer contains a red orb. As the segments are damaged, probes pop out and the red orbs are deactivated. It is necessary to kill these as laser damage is very high. The Destroyer possibly takes increased damage when these orbs are deactivated, and it is most likely to be defeated when all the orbs are deactivated. If all the orbs go out, The Destroyer may be unable to spawn the probes.
- If The Destroyer is still alive at sunrise, its speed will increase and then it will flee.
- If The Destroyer is defeated in multiplayer and the server lags, it may cause The Destroyer's head to remain present, and it will continue burrowing and trying to attack the players.
- The Destroyer can be considered the easiest Hardmode boss. The reason for this is that all you need is sound preparation; dextrous manuvering and even general survivability are not necessarily required.
- The Destroyer has the highest total health in the game.
- Added to the game.