|Spawn Area||The Underground|
Tim is similar to the Goblin Sorcerer, in that he fires a projectile 3 times before teleporting. These projectiles are called Chaos Balls, do 20 Damage each, and can travel through solid blocks. A player can destroy them with any weapon. While Tim's attacks resemble that of a Goblin Sorcerer, he has double the defense and five times the health.
- Tim very rarely spawns and only in the Stone Layer (between about 500 and 3000 feet below sea level).
- He is so far the rarest monster in the underground.
- He can be found simply by waiting in the rock layer, but seems to spawn faster the closer you are to The Underworld.
- You can increase his chance of spawning using items such as a Water Candle and/or a Battle Potion. Using the Speed Glitch may also help. These methods will also increase the spawn rate of other monsters, though.
- The Blood Moon event also increases his spawn chance.
- Though Tim's robe closely resembles the craftable Robe item, you can not obtain the Robe from him.
- Additionally, Tim's attacks emit light and can reveal hidden caves after passing through solid blocks.
- When Tim is slain, he will drop his Wizard Hat, which increases the wearer's defense by 2 and magic damage by 15%.
- Tim's name is a reference to "Tim the Enchanter" from the 1975 movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Some fans believed Tim was a reference to the Prodigal Sorcerer, who is also known as "Tim," in the card game Magic: The Gathering, but this too is a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Tim is the first magic-casting enemy to wear a hat.
- Tim was the first Undead enemy to have a name.
- Increased spawn rate.
- Reduced spawn rate.
- Added to the game.