Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Found In|| Pots|
The Torch is the most basic form of usable light in Terraria. It can be placed on nearly any surface, and can also be held in the player's hand for a portable light source. A regular torch, unlike a Cursed Torch, will not produce light when submerged in water.
Torches stay lit and do not extinguish over time. This is valuable when exploring underground because it helps to identify that have already explored. Torches can be picked up using a pickaxe or by right clicking on them. Torches can be placed on trees.
They can be thrown to cast light into dark areas below the player by pressing the throw button. If you have a torch in your inventory you may take it out at any time by pressing and holding the shift key (default), you may also place torches using this method, eliminating the need to keep torches in your hotbar.
You can also use different types of gems to color the lights the same way as Phaseblades. Also, torches can be upgraded to Cursed Torches and Ichor Torches by combining them with Cursed Flames and Ichor respectively: this allows the torches to emit a green/yellow light and be placed underwater.
On top of their primary purpose, they can be used to mark interesting places on the minimap since torches reliably show up as bright yellow pixels, making torch "pixel art" easy to find on the map. It is a good idea to make a square, arrow etc. (anything that stands out on the map) of torches at each of the four locked chests in the Dungeon to find them more easily once you get the respective keys.
- On the iOS version of Terraria, Torches will occasionally break for no reason.
- On the iOS Version of Terraria, Regular Torches can be placed underwater and won't go out.
- In the 3DS Version of Terraria, Torches can "Turn off" by themselves even when there is no wire connecting them to a switch.
- Became an ingredient in Molotov Cocktail.
- Torches can now be placed on backgrounds.
- Torches can now be toggled on and off using wire.
- Can now be used in the crafting of blue, red, yellow, green, purple, and White Torches.
- Added to the game.
|Red Torch||Orange Torch||Yellow Torch||Green Torch|
|Blue Torch||Purple Torch||White Torch|
|Torch||Demon Torch||Cursed Torch||Ichor Torch|
|Ice Torch||Ultrabright Torch|