The Traveling Merchant is an NPC who spawns randomly for one day. He will not move into a house during this time period and will not show up in the list of NPCs. He will only spawn when there are at least two NPCs in the world. He has 25% chance to spawn each day once the condition is met. He will sell 4-10 items per spawn.
Shoots at enemies with a Revolver. (Pre-Hardmode)
Fires off the Pulse Bow at nearby enemies. (Hardmode)
|Code 2||5||Random in Hardmode|
|Gatligator||25||Random in Hardmode|
|Portable Cement Mixer||10||Random|
Random after defeating Plantera
|Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole||45||Random|
|Water Gun||1 50||Random|
|Crimson Cloak||5||Random/Crimson Biome|
|Winter Cape||5||Random/Snow Biome|
|Castle Marsberg||3||After Martian Madness|
|Cold Snap||50||During Christmas|
|Cursed Saint||50||During Christmas|
|Martia Lisa||50||After Martian Madness|
|Not a Kid, nor a Squid||50||After defeating Moon Lord|
|The Season||50||During Christmas|
|The Truth Is Up There||50||After Martian Madness|
|Traveling Merchant's Quotes|
|Traveling Merchant's Names|
|Note: Upon adding a new name, make sure you add it in alphabetical (ABC) order.
- When the Traveling Merchant leaves after his one day cycle it will say "The Traveling Merchant has departed!" in the chatbox.
- If you log out of the game while the Traveling Merchant is there, he will be gone when you log back in even though it is still the same day.
- He is the only NPC whose inventory constantly changes, and also leaves without dying.
- The Traveling Merchant won't depart if the player can see him and will only depart if he goes offscreen.
- Sometimes he spawns outside the inhabited area and get killed off-screen, resulting in the game informing you that "<Traveling Merchant name> was slain."
- Instead of leaving directly at night (7:30PM), he leaves at 6:00PM. The same applies for mornings: he can appear between 7:00AM and 12:00PM.
- The reason that the Traveling Merchant has different items to be purchased might be that he goes to different regions around the world every time he leaves.
- His hat with a feather may be a reference to Hermes, the Greek god of merchants, thieves, and travelers.
- "Combination hookah, coffee maker and makes julienne fries" is a line from the Disney film Aladdin.
- Now sells Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole.
- Now correctly summoned to King Statue.
- Added to the game.