Each bag drops various items including Crimtane Ore, Demonite Ore, etc. depending on the world it's opened in or the boss it dropped from. These bags also contain drops from bosses regularly with no change to drop rates.
Hardmode boss Treasure Bags can also rarely have one of several developer vanity outfits in addition to the regular items inside, of which there is 1 vanity set, 1 pair of wings and the Red's Throw if you get the developer Red's set from the bag.
The specific Expert Mode items that are guaranteed from each bag are as follows:
- From King Slime:
- From Eye of Cthulhu:
- From Eater of Worlds:
- From Brain of Cthulhu:
- From Queen Bee:
- From Skeletron:
- From Wall of Flesh:
- From The Destroyer:
- From The Twins:
- From Skeletron Prime:
- From Plantera:
- From Golem:
- From Duke Fishron:
- From Moon Lord
- In Multiplayer, a Treasure Bag will not drop unless you do damage to the boss monster.
- It is also a guaranteed drop that replaces all item drops from bosses, one which spawns individually on the client side for every player that did damage to the boss in multiplayer.
- The Moon Lord's Treasure Bag is the only one that drops more than one Expert item.
- There is also a Treasure Bag from the Lunatic Cultist but it is currently unobtainable.
- Event bosses such as The Ice Queen, Pumpking and the Celestial Pillars do not drop bags.
- Betsy's treasure bag is the only one that doesn't contain any expert mode exclusive items.
- Sometimes in Multiplayer, even if you do damage to the boss, the boss may not drop a treasure bag.
- Added to the game.