|Spawn Time|| (Hard Mode)|
|Spawn Area||The Hallow|
|1 Unicorn Horn||100%|
|1 Unicorn on a Stick||1%|
The Unicorn is a monster found in the Hallow. These monsters can run and jump very fast. It spawns only after Hard Mode; even if the Hallow is present before Hard Mode, they will not spawn. Although they are relatively common it can sometimes take a while for one (or more) of them to spawn. New Hard mode players should avoid this deadly creature.
- The Unicorn's AI is to charge at the player very fast, and jump over every hole in its path. This means that getting into a small hole in the ground can be an effective way to fight them. This is because they jump over the player (When the player is in a gap in the ground), and will make no contact.
- It can also be avoided by jumping before it hits you causing the Unicorn to run under the player, stop and have to re-initiate its charge. This allows the player to get in a few hits.
- It is recommended that you at least have a Cobalt Sword before fighting with a Unicorn, as "Average" knockback or above is recommended to keep any Unicorns at bay.
- Unicorns fall through blocks if they are stuck in a 2 wide square.
- On Console, They sometimes drop a shackle.Verify
- Added to the game.