"Our goal is to have Terraria 1.3 ready for release in June 2015"
Currently, Terraria is in version 184.108.40.206. As more information about the 1.3 (Lunar) Update leaks or is released, hype continues to increase. All Terrarians are very exited for this update. The developers have stated that there will be no release date because it not only puts pressure on them, but also the release date for 1.2 was not met, and they rushed the last few features. Even though it means a longer wait, it will be worth it.
Redgit has said that the 1.3 Lunar Update will be the last major update for Terraria. Which, personally saddens me, being an avid Terraria player. BUT, don't get discouraged, they said the same thing about the 1.2 update. He has also released a statement on Why, which is Terraria: Other Worlds.
Little has been said about the lunar event. I will atempt to get more information soon. There is also a new Side Event that has something to do with the new Cutlists. AND Events will have new Progress Bars.
New Monsters In The Solar Eclipse
- Mothron is a new Enemy than can only spawn during a Solar Eclipse . It resembles something from "Mothra".(1961)
- Fritz is a new Enemy than can only spawn during a Solar Eclipse . It resembles something from "Frankenstein".(1931)
- Creature From The Deep is a new Enemy than can only spawn during a Solar Eclipse . It resembles something from "Creature From The Black Lagoon".(1954)
- Dr.ManFly is a new Enemy than can only spawn during a Solar Eclipse . It resembles something from "The Fly".(1958)
- Severed Hand is a new Enemy than can only spawn during a Solar Eclipse . It resembles something from "The Adams Family".(1964)
- The Possessed is a new Enemy than can only spawn during a Solar Eclipse . It resembles something from the "Exorcist".(1973)
- Butcher is a new Enemy than can only spawn during a Solar Eclipse . It resembles something from "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre".(1974)
- Psycho is a new Enemy than can only spawn during a Solar Eclipse . It resembles something from "Halloween".(1978)
- Deadly Spheres is a new Enemy than can only spawn during a Solar Eclipse . It resembles something from "Phanasam".(1979)
- Nail Head is a new Enemy than can only spawn during a Solar Eclipse . It resembles something from "Hellraiser".(1989)
One feature Terrarians have known about since the release of 1.2, but not been able to access it without cheating, (no penalty is given for it being in players inventory however) is the S.D.M.G. (A.K.A. Space Dolphin Machine Gun). It seems to be an upgrade of the Megashark with higher Damage, Rate Of Fire, Knockback, much higher selling price and 3 tiers higher. However the both have a 50% chance not to consume ammo.
Meowmere (or Meowmere's Revenge)
For a Melee-Class Terrarian, the Meowmere's Revenge is the Holy Grail. With an (Unofficial) base damage of 200, Strong Knockback, Very Fast Speed and 4% Crit-Chance, this is easily going to be the "Best" Sword, or maybe even best of All melee. Also, like most High-Class swords in Terraria, it has a ranged "Beam" of sorts. Every so often it seems to emit a Nyan Cat-esk projectile that, unlike most high-class sword beams disepearing on impact with blocks, it bounces off of them a certin number of times.
Not much information has been released on the Drill Mount, but from the short-clip released to the community, what I can get from it is:
- It's a flying Mount.
- It has a decent mining speed and a long range.
- It has a quick movement speed.
- Mines multiple blocks at once.
There will also be 2 other Mounts. AND Players will now be able to use Weapons and Tools while Mounted.
The Sparring Dummy is like a Mannequin except for very slight vsual differences, and will display damage delt when hit with a weapon. It seems that every so often, the dummy with display a message that I believe is customizable. This will be very useful.
Smart Cursor increased "IQ"
The Alchemy Station is the official 3000th item! Just like the 1000th item, Fireworks Box, it was released to the community early. It seems as if the typical Alchemy table, will not allow the player to craft potions anymore. Crafting potions with the Alchemy Station has a 1/3 chance not to consume materials.
The Laser-Machinegun seems like a direct upgrade to the Laser Rifle. It will have a Very Fast Speed, 50 Damage, 4% Crit, and 7 mana-cost.
The Laser Ruler is a new Accessory that allows the player to Mesure a selection of blocks with their mouse.
Rainbow Campfire and Rainbow Torches
A short clip was released about the Rainbow Campfire. It changes color similar to the Rainbow Brick. It most likely will have the same effects as a Campfire(Regeneration) and be crafted with Rainbow Torches.
A short clip was released about the Potted Plants. It seems that a placeable pot is to be added in 1.3 that the player can put a plant into. It seems purely asthetic but may have some purpose.
There was a .gif released that showed 4 Cutlists worshipping some sort of floating token. Cuthulu?
There is also a Vanity Set for the Cutlists. Water Physics Changes
A video was released about 1.3 that showed off the new physics for Water, Lava and Honey, but Redgit stated that the Liquid Duplication Glitch would purposfully be left in-game. There is also talk of a new Liquid.
There was a image released that displayed some changes to the games current NPC's. Such as 6 new skins (Cyborg, Dye Trader, Santa Claus, Clothier, Nurse, and Old Man), and mechanics that will allow NPC's to interact and sit in chairs. They will also actively avoid places the player is trying to gain access to.
As you can see (I hope), items in the GUI will now be highlighted when selected. There is also 3 options (Housing, Equipment and Camera) instead of 1. There is also a new Pink Party for PvP.
Screen Capture Mode
There will be a new Screen Capture feature witch allows the user to record video and take BIG screenshots to include their entire buld.
DeathplaceNow, in the Minimap, users can see where and when somone has died.
Little has been said about the Sundial, except that it's an Accessory, I will get more information soon.
Laser DrillLittle has been said about the Laser Drill, I will get more information soon.
Little has been said about Acheivments, I will get more information soon.
Enchanted Sword Shrine
Little has been said about the Enchanted Sword Shrine, I will get more information soon.
Sheild Of Cuthulu
Little has been said about the Sheild Of Cuthulu, I will get more information soon.
Sinks are a new type of Furniture.
Little has been said about the Portal Gun, I will get more information soon.
Little has been said about the Yo-Yo, I will get more information soon.
Little has been said about Sticky Dynamite, I will get more information soon.
Little has been said about the Nail Gun, I will get more information soon.
Crimson Bunny and Crimson PenguinLittle has been said about the Crimson Bunny or the Crimson Penguin, I will get more information soon.
Little has been said about Royal Gel, but I assume it will be dropped by a Royal Slime, and I'd bet that it will spawn on Floating Islands.
Magic Water Dropper
Little has been said about the Magic Water Dropper, I will get more information soon.
A potion that allows the player to teleport to any player on the Minimap.
Flask Of Frost and Frost Bullets
Little has been said about the Flask Of Frost, I will get more information soon. Little has been said about the Frost Nullets, but I assume the will be a new type of Bullet that will have the debuff of Chilled.
Charged Laser Blaster
Little has been said about the Charged Laser Blaster, I will get more information soon.
Granite Bricks and Marble Blocks
Little has been said about the Granite and Marble Bricks, but they Will be a part of 2 new Furniture sets.
The New Dyes released so far are Living Rainbow, Living Flame, Pixie, Wisp, Chlorophyte, and Gold Dyes.
- New Voodoo Doll.
- New block with gradual increase in lighting.
- Improved Charecter Customization.
- Upon death, lost coin amount is displayed.
- New Hook.
- Voodoo Demon increased spawn rate.
- Bunny Mount no longer incurs fall damage.
- Sunflowers will be "Buffed".
- Jellyfish will "Shock" the player when they attack.
- Dyes will be more visable.
- Progress bars during world generation, colored to signify Corruption or Crimson.
- "Favorite" ability in inventory, item cannot be sold or quick looted into chests.
- Smart Cursor will build Stairs.
- The Axe drop rate increased from 1/200 to 1/50.
- Platform item Max-Stack increased to 999.
- Grappling Hook equip slot.
- Staff Of Regrowth has new uses, including Jungle Grass on Mud , Moss on Stone , and increasing grow speed of Trees.
- Coins have a new spinning sprite, new pickup sound and new inventory sprites.
- Trees have new sprite.
- Tombstones have new sprites and a New Tombstone.
- Living Wood Chests now contain Leaf Wand AND Living Wood Wand.
- Read signs by scrolling over.
- Summoner-Specific prefixes .
- Fising Pole modifiers.
- Worldgen changes with new mini-biomes and better Spawning areas.
- A Purple Dagger released in the video with the Sparring Dummy. It bounces from enemy to enemy.
- A new Emoticon system for in-game chat.
- New Accessories that display Weather, Moon Phases, DPS, Time, and more.
- New Banners such as Green/Ice/Red/Purple/Illuminant/Lava and Crimslime, Jungle/Illumanat/Giant Bats, Snow Balla, Possessed Armor and others.
I will find more information on all topics and post it to this page. If you have some information that I don't, or something is wrong, please comment or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Subject=1.3. Thank You.