Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hello Terrarians! Welcome to the fiftieth issue of The Terrarian Bugle! For the special occasion of achieving fifty issues, we'll be increasing the amount of content displayed in today. Thanks for all the support! Today we have a 1.3 image spoiler, a Terraria: Otherworld video spoiler, some very exciting Console and Mobile news, and an official apology from 505 Games, so enjoy! Following that, we'll conduct our normal weekly events, and then continue our current, exciting series: a complete showcasing of Ajidot's amazing Terraria fan art!
News & Spoilers
Brief synopsis of the following articles:
- Brief 1.3 spoiler image.
- Terraria: Otherworld spoiler video.
- Console and Mobile news.
Cenx just released another 1.3 spoiler image! The image appears to be showing off the updated Underground Hallow biome, along with a brand new armor. What do you think of it?
In other spoiler-related news, Loki gives us a taste of four soundtracks in Terraria: Otherworlds!
"Join us on a whirlwind tour of a handful of biomes that you will encounter in Terraria: Otherworld - accompanied by a selection of tunes from the game's epic soundtrack! We've always felt that music and sound really set the tone and atmosphere in Terraria, and Otherworld certainly continues that tradition..."
Some Quick Mobile News - June 3rd
505 Games brings tidings of good news for all the Mobile Edition players out there!
"On top of the ongoing suite of fixes across the board, we will be announcing new content for Terraria mobile at E3 in a couple of weeks. So keep your eyes peeled there!"
Exciting Console News & Official Changelog - June 3rd
The 1.2.3 update should now be live on the Console Edition of Terraria!
With the update's release, 505 Games also states:
"On top of 1.2.3, we are also releasing a mobile Companion App for the PS4 and XBox ONE versions of Terraria, for both iOS and Android devices. The Companion App will operate as a ‘World Map’ live-steaming your in-game location, allowing you to see what’s around you to either to either go and explore or fight, and all without ever having to bring up a menu or having to pause your game."
Here's the changelog for this exciting, new update:
- 1.2.3 Update
- Increased npc name net message size.
- Created separate textures for solid and non-solid tiles.
- Add swap option for all consoles except PSVita between L1R1/L2R2 or LTRT/LBRB.
- Renumbered console exclusive armor head, body and head ids.
- Ice Queen projectile does not affect destructible tiles (Frostmoon loot bug and Queen Bee spawning).
- Replaced “Drop” function with “Quick Buff” in the controller map.
- Ability to change platforms into stairs with a hammer
- Update music box graphics (each music box has its unique style)
- Add Music Notes animation for Music boxes
- Update Robe graphics
- Update graphics for Cobalt Shield, Obsidian Shield, Paladin’s Shield
- Add Cactus variations
- Add biome-specific stalactites
- Add sounds for waterfalls and lavafalls
- Add sounds for critters
- Increase bird spawns during the morning
- Add various song sfx for birds
- Add upside-down slopes (for hammer, and in world-gen)
- Allow the placing of coins to create coin stacks
- Destroyer boss drops loot from segment closest to the player
- All non-event bosses can drop a Boss Mask (see items)
- Dyes stackable
- Turn rain red during a Blood Moon
- Add Shark Statue
- Add the catching of critters and making cages for them
- Add Underground Crimson music
- Mallard Duck
- Travelling merchant
- Bubble Wallpaper
- Copper Pipe wallpaper
- Ducky Wallpaper
- Fancy Grey Wallpaper
- Ice Floe wallpaper
- Music wallpaper
- Purple Rain wallpaper
- Rainbow wallpaper
- Sparkle Stone wallpaper
- Starlit heaven wallpaper
- Bug Net
- Ammo Box
- Brick Layer
- Extendo Grip
- Paint Sprayer
- Portable Cement Mixer
- Celestial Magnet
- Water Gun
- Gypsy Robe
- Ultrabright Torch
- Pad Thai
- Pulse Bow
- Arcane Rune Wall
- Magic Hat
- Fancy Dishes
- Glass Bowl
- Dynasty Wood
- Red Dynasty Shingles
- Blue Dynasty Shingles
- Zebra Skin
- Leopard Skin
- Tiger Skin
- King Slime Mask
- Eye of Cthulhu Mask
- Brain of Cthulhu Mask
- Eater of Worlds Mask
- Queen Bee Mask
- Skeletron Mask
- Wall of Flesh Mask
- Destroyer Mask
- Horned God Robe
- win Mask
- Horned God Boots
- Skeletron Prime Mask
- Horned God Headpiece
- Ocram Mask
- Plantera Mask
- Golem Mask
- Beetle Husks
- Beetle Helmet
- Beetle Scale Mail
- Beetle Shell
- Beetle Leggings
- Beetle Wings
- Dynasty Work Bench
- White Dynasty Wall
- Blue Dynasty Wall
- Dynasty Door
- Dynasty Chair
- Dynasty Chest
- Dynasty Table
- Dynasty Lantern
- Large Dynasty Lantern
- Dynasty Candle
- Large Dynasty Candle
- Dynasty Lamp
- Dynasty Bowl
- Dynasty Cup
- Dynasty Bed
- Dynasty Clock
- Dynasty Bookcase
- Dynasty Bathtub
- Wine Glass
- Bunny Cage
- Squirrel Cage
- Penguin Cage
- Bird Cage
- Blue Jay Cage
- Cardinal Cage
- Mouse Cage
- Worm Cage
- Blue Jay
An Apology and Promise from 505 Games - June 3rd
In addition to the Console and Mobile news displayed above, 505 Games also took the chance to apologize and make some amends for their quality of work over the past year(s).
"Hello console and mobile Terrarians! We would like to share a story with you today.
Shakespeare once wrote “the course of true love never did run smooth” and although it’s admittedly a fairly obtuse reference, the same can often be said of videogame development and publishing. Well, maybe less often said, of course, but equally true nonetheless! So where’s all this going, you might ask? In the course of any great work, it’s important to take stock of your journey to this point, your current location, and the paths ahead toward your desired destination. A large part of that self-reflection is taking stock of areas of success – and places where you could stand to perform better. As we enter the next phase of console/mobile developments, today felt like a perfect opportunity to share some of that with you.
505 Games and Re-Logic have been partnering on the expansion of Terraria “beyond PC” for a few years now, and throughout that time we’ve been delighted by the way the fanbase has grown and expanded to take in new platforms, new territories, and -most importantly - excited new fans. From the outset we’ve been driven to expand the reach of the fantastic gaming experience that is Terraria to an ever-wider group of gamers and thereafter delivering as much of the ever-evolving PC content to the console and mobile fanbase as quickly and completely as possible. In addition, we felt it important to embrace the philosophy that Re-Logic follows on the PC side of Terraria – and so we have and will always keep these updates free of charge. This is the fantastic and successful side of our work to-date: expanding the Terraria universe while staying true to the spirit and culture it stands for.
That said, things haven’t always gone according to plan. It’s important for us to recognize that - despite our best intentions - there have been hurdles and pitfalls along the way. We’re not seeking to languish in the past or dredge up old wounds, but we know that there have been issues and instances which have frustrated and upset our fans. Whether it was the state of the initial launch of the 1.2 console update or – more recently – the mobile crash issues, we know that things have not always been as they should for you guys. We also understand that we may not have been as open and communicative in the past as we should be – and that this likely exacerbated any negative feelings or confusion you may have had.
Well, simply put: we are sincerely sorry for where mistakes have been made. That said, we want to do far more than apologize; we want to make amends and improve our performance. Allow us to share some of what that entails.
Terraria has grown from strength to strength since its first PC outing a little over four years ago, and we’re proud to have been part of that expansion. Although with that that growth there have been growing pains, and with those growing pains painful lessons. However as well as accepting our mistakes it’s equally important to note that we’ve learned from those mistakes. Not only are we working more smartly now, but we are also ‘doubling down’ on our investments of time and money in order to underline our commitment to delivering the very best for the franchise and – most importantly – its community of loyal fans.
In terms of specifics, let’s cover a handful of areas where we will be stepping up our game:
- Quality Assurance - We’ve completely overhauled the way we QA Terraria.
- More stable, dedicated testing teams – people that truly know the game vs the “standard” technical-only approach to console testing. Terraria simply isn’t a game that fits the mold – and testing needs to follow suit.
- More direct engagement/partnering with Re-Logic on prioritization of content, catching bugs/issues earlier, etc.
- Focusing on smaller and faster updates – this allows for a tighter “window” of content to test (and fix as necessary) vs something as massive as, say, 1.2 was.
- On Mobile, you will have seen some of the results of this already over the past several weeks. This is an ongoing process, and we have a handful of additional fixes coming – so stay tuned there!
- Customer Service & Community Engagement
- We are applying the same approach – leveraging more experienced people that know the game and the community – in how we will be answering customer inquiries/issues and in how we interact with the community across places like TCF and social media.
- We are also becoming more closely integrated with Re-Logic in order to enhance our understanding of the needs of the community, and to gain better foresight on the PC content coming down the pipeline.
- Our plan is to be more open with our communication of “coming events” as well.
- Our hope is that this will result in a more engaging and streamlined experience, and to aid in the quality and efficiency of future development on Console & Mobile.
- This is still very much in process, so stay tuned and keep providing your invaluable feedback to help guide us here!
So, in short: by more closely partnering with Re-Logic, engaging community and game experts, and listening to you…we will raise our game across the board and deliver the best possible Terraria experience possible on Console & Mobile.
In closing, we hope you have enjoyed what we have brought to the Terraria experience to-date and that you will accept our apologies for the places where things have gone awry. We can and will do better. Moving forward, we are confident that you will enjoy the content we’re bringing to the mobile and console platforms, and we hope that are as excited for the future of the franchise as we are."
Poll of the week
This poll is based is based on which monster you like the most from the Solar Eclipse, enjoy!
Creation/Pixel art of the Week
This week we have two submissions! The first is Luneria's mini sky-jungle ruins, where the design has a certain natural ambiance to it. The second is Sergei's massive, specially-styled house, complete with an underground waterfall and a small tomb!!
(Note: You will need to click on the images to view the full, HD version of them.)
This week will be the next part of our latest series; a complete showcasing of Ajidot's awesome Terraria fan art! Welcome to part five!
This week will feature both a comic and art! Enjoy!
(Extra note: Keep in mind that the art style of the comic is meant to be simple.)
Announcements and Shoutouts
- There is a discussion currently ongoing regarding fixes to the category system.
- There is also an extremely important discussion regarding the potential reversal of the individual page project. Be sure to have a look!
- A discussion regarding the addition of more information to the infoboxes is currently in progress, be sure to have a look!
- Post stories of some of your craziest Terraria moments here!
Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the fiftieth issue of The Terrarian Bugle. Remember, if you have any ideas whatsoever, just let me know at my talk page and I’ll see if I can add it in. If you want your creation in next week's Creation/Pixel art section just hit me up at my talk page or talk to me in the live chat.
Thanks for reading, guys! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Have a nice weekend and I'll see you next week. :D