Hello Terrarians! Welcome to the fifty-third issue of The Terrarian Bugle! Today we have news regarding the recent hotfixes for 1.3, so I hope you all find that to be helpful! Following that, we'll conduct our normal weekly events, and then continue our current, exciting series: a complete showcasing of Ajidot's amazing Terraria fan art!
News & Spoilers
Brief synopsis of the following articles:
- 1.3 hotfixes news
1.3 Hotfixes - July 2nd
In the recent 1.3 hotfixes thread on the Terraria Community Forums, Cenx states:
"Thank you all for reporting all your finds with 1.3! Skiphs and Yoraiz0r have been hard at work fixing bugs and listening to feedback from the community to get you these changes! Below you will find notes for all the changes that have been made in version 188.8.131.52.
Thanks again for your feedback and we apologize for any inconveniences you may have had."
The following is the changelog for 1.3.03:
- When using leftshift on inventory while in shop, you now have an indicator that you're selling items.
- You can now quickly move items between your chest and the inventory by using leftshift.
- Stardust Guardian is now dyable with your vanity pet dye (have some creative fun!).
- Areas you have not seen will now be black in camera mode.
- Added 'Highlight New Items' General Settings Option, on by default: Highlights any new item you pick up in your inventory.
- Duct-taped multiplayer for good luck and stability*.
- You should now have an easier time reporting errors if they happen on a server.
- The final bosses leech debuff has been overhauled... (spoilers).
- You can no longer put torches on tiles you are not supposed to (metal bars, etc).
- Old and corrupt worlds will now display on the world list marked with a red name.
- Increased Martian's drone health to 500.
- New config options
- Added Config.json setting "UseSmartWallReplacement", on by default, if you set it off: automatic wall replacement while building will be disabled
- Added Config.json setting "UseSmartCursorForCommonBlocks", off by default, if you set this on: 1.2.4's smart block placement will be re-enabled
- Added Config.json setting "DisableLeftShiftTrashCan", off by default, if you set this on: Quicktrash will be ENTIRELY disabled
- Added Config.json setting "HidePasswords", off by default, if you set this on: all passwords in the client will appear as Asterisks (*)
- Added Config.json setting "ThickMouseEdges", off by default, if you set this on: your mouse will have thick borders colored by "ThickMouseEdgesPackedCOlor"'s color
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed 'event' achievements not being granted in multiplayer ("You can do it!", "It's Hard!", "No Hobo" and so on)
- Fixed Truffle worm not spawning
- Fixed 'Funkytown' achievement will no longer be granted after respawning from death in the glowing mushroom biome.
- Fixed Gypsy Robe bottoms being genderbent.
- Fixed Daybreak's, Stardust Dragon and Stardust Cell Staff's gold values
- Fixed some server crashes (portals, lunar shields)
- Fixed numerous attack forms not being synced server-side (unicorn mount, slime mount, solar dash, EoC dash, etc)
- Fixed achievements menu slider bar hanging on top of screen if all filters are disabled
- Fixed Armed Eskimo Zombies not dropping their proper gore
- Fixed bug where traps could critically hit
- Fixed issue where banners could be placed on closed trap doors
- Fixed Quickstack stacking items of max stack 1 and quick stacking coins from your inventory
- Fixed Quickstack eating coins
- Fixed crash in LookForColorTiles
- Fixed excessive net synchronization on some cases
- Fixed Team Dye not stacking correctly
- Fixed crash when saving old worlds
- Fixed issue where banning was ineffective (including ports...)
- Fixed Loki's dye missing the common developer's tooltip
- Fixed Staff of Regrowth Moss growing feature not working in multiplayer
- Fixed channelled weapons being halted from use when you hover over information icons
- Fixed Phantasm arrows exploit allowing you to get more arrows than you use
- Fixed Horseman's blade not summoning pumpkins against Lunar invasion enemies
- Fixed dupe bug with Item Frames
- Fixed bug where you couldn't remove an item from the Item Frame if you had a favorite item selected
- Fixed bug where Config.json's "FrameSkip" was written in reverse compared to ingame
- Fixed Nymph not having rarity on Lifeform Analyzer
- Fixed Srollers dealing unintentionally high damage
- Fixed Developer armor wings gold costs
- Fixed Frozen Campfire showing Ichor Campfire icon when aimed on the rightmost tile
- Fixed Bee gun being unable to critically hit
- Fixed Torch dupe bug
- Fixed numerous desync issues in multiplayer
- Fixed an issue where world and player names containing various characters would causes crashes and strange behavior when using cloud saving and favoriting.
- Fixed an issue where corrupt configuration files would cause crashes.
- Fixed an issue where you could invite players to your previous game while in single player.
- Fixed an issue where joining a game from outside of the game would cause an uncancellable joining screen to display.
- Fixed an issue where the password box would sometimes not show up.
- Setting your resolution while in fullscreen mode will now apply correctly.
- Fixed numerous potential multiplayer exploits
- Fixed issue where players could hack themselves "difficulty 3".
Poll of the week
This poll is based on how much you're enjoying 1.3 so far, enjoy!
Creation/Pixel art of the Week
This week we have one submission! It is Shadown_Mantis' immense castle!
This week will be the next part of our latest series; a complete showcasing of Ajidot's awesome Terraria fan art! Welcome to part eight!
This week will feature some art! Enjoy!
Announcements and Shoutouts
- There is a discussion currently ongoing regarding fixes to the category system.
- There is also an extremely important discussion regarding the potential reversal of the individual page project. Be sure to have a look!
- Interested in contributing to the wiki for 1.3? Be sure to have a look here for some helpful tips!
- Which monster do you dislike most? Comment here!
Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the fifty-third issue of The Terrarian Bugle. Remember, if you have any ideas whatsoever, just let me know at my talk page and I’ll see if I can add it in. If you want your creation in next week's Creation/Pixel art section just hit me up at my talk page or talk to me in the live chat.
Thanks for reading, guys! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Have a nice weekend and I'll see you next week. :D