Male / Female
|Body Slot||Helmet/Shirt/Pants Slots (Full Set)|
|Set Bonus||Double tap "DOWN" to become invisible, and deal greatly increased damage, but move slower.|
|Sell Value||No Value|
The Vortex Armor set is a hardmode, ranged based armor set from the Lunar Event. Each piece of the set provides bonuses to range, equal to 36% increased ranged damage, and critical strike chance. Its bonus allows activation of an upgraded version of the Shroomite Armor "Stealth Mode". It is also one of the four endgame Luminite sets, along with the Nebula Armor, Solar Flare Armor, and Stardust Armor.
Parts of the Set
- 14 defense
- 16% increased ranged damage
- 7% increased critical strike chance
- 28 defense
- 12% increased ranged damage and critical strike chance
- 25% chance not to consume ammo
- 20 defense
- 8% increased ranged damage and critical strike chance
- 10% increased movement speed
- The Moon Lord will need to be defeated at least twice to collect enough Luminite to craft the set.
- "Stealth mode" reduces movement speed drastically while upgrading the damage bonus to 85%. Enemies are also less likely to target the player.
- Asphalt, accessories like Spectre Boots, and Wings can be used to counter the loss in speed somewhat, but Mounts and Minecarts will end Stealth Mode.
- This set can reach very high critical hit percent chance values. While Critical Chance does not stack in a directly additive fashion, it is easily possible to get 85-95% critical strike chance using ranged weapons with proper ammunition. An S.D.M.G. or Vortex Beater using Venom or Crystal Bullets when paired with this armor, Destroyer Emblem, and Sniper Scope can easily defeat Pumpking, Ice Queen etc. in seconds, and a cloaked player using Sniper Rifle and the same equipment can 1-Shot kill a fully armored player roughly 90% of the time.
- Added to the game.