The Vortex Beater is a hard mode end-game weapon. It has a greater chance than the S.D.M.G. to not use ammo and it periodically shoots small glowing projectiles that homes in on enemies, lessening the need to shoot accurately.
- The homing projectile periodically fired by this weapon gains any bullet bonuses you have equipped, such as inflicting the Ichor Debuff from Ichor Bullets.
- If using Chlorophyte Bullets, the player can inflict massive damage due to fire rate and the tracking missiles.
- The best prefix is Unreal.
- Before the release of 1.3, this weapon was called the "Blackhole Beater".
- The Vortex Beater is reminiscent of one of today's known weapons such as an M4 or M16 as the main Rifle similar to the whole gun and the M203 Grenade Launcher on the M4 or M16 is similar to the Underbarrel Launcher on the Vortex Beater that also shoots explosives, much similar to the real weapons.
- Decreased damage from 70 to 50.
- Increased damage from 63 to 70.
- Added to the game.