|Spawn Area||Desert, Sand Blocks|
The Vulture is a monster that is mainly found in the Desert biome. They can also be found on Sand Blocks outside the Desert such as the Ocean. The Vulture roosts on Sand Blocks until the player approaches or attacks, at which point it flies up in the air and then swoops in close to attack. This makes broadswords effective against vultures, as you can simply knock them back as they swoop down. Their flight pattern is similar to the Eater of Souls or Crimera. Vultures cannot enter water so jumping into water is a good way to avoid attacks if you are surrounded by them.
- In an extremely rare case, you can find Vultures in a Jungle - if the Jungle is next to two deserts, sand blocks can mix in with Jungle terrain, thus making Vultures spawn. This can also happen with the Corruption, Crimson and Hallow.
- In Hard Mode, if the desert either becomes Corrupted or "blessed" with the Hallow, Vultures will no longer spawn.
- As of 1.0.6, if the sand under a roosting Vulture is removed the sand will fall normally, the vulture will not. It will instead remain standing on the air.
- Sometimes multiple vultures spawn in the same position. There are unconfirmed reports of up to three vultures in the same position.
- Should no longer appear to float in mid air if the Sand Block below them falls.
- Added to the game.