|Spawn Area||Desert, Sand Blocks|
The Vulture is a monster that is mainly found in the Desert biome. They can also be found on Sand Blocks outside the Desert such as the Ocean. This makes broadswords effective against vultures, as they can be simply knocked back as they swoop down. Their flight pattern is similar to the Eater of Souls or Crimera. Vultures cannot enter water so jumping into water is a good way to avoid attacks if the player is surrounded by them.
The Vulture roosts on Sand Blocks until the player approaches or attacks, at which point, it flies up in the air and then swoops in to attack.
- In an extremely rare case, Vultures can be found in a Jungle - if the Jungle is next to two deserts, sand blocks can mix in with Jungle terrain, thus making Vultures spawn. This can also happen with the Corruption, Crimson and Hallow.
- In Hardmode, if the desert either becomes Corrupted or "blessed" with the Hallow, Vultures will no longer spawn.
- As of 1.0.6, if the sand under a roosting Vulture is removed the sand will fall normally, the vulture will not. It will instead remain standing on the air.
- Sometimes multiple vultures spawn in the same position. There are unconfirmed reports of up to three vultures in the same position.
- Should no longer appear to float in mid air if the Sand Block below them falls.
- Added to the game.