|Wall of Flesh113|
|Defense|| 12 (Mouth)|
|Spawn Area||The Underground|
|Summoned By||Drop the Guide Voodoo Doll into lava in the underworld.|
|Inflicts|| The Tongue|
|5-20 Healing Potions||100%|
|Only one of the below will drop||100%|
|Clockwork Assault Rifle||16.67%|
Terraria - Wall of Flesh BOSS Fight Terraria HERO(04:33)
- There are several bugs associated with summoning the Wall of Flesh. Please see the Bugs section for more details.
For the Wall of Flesh to be summoned, the Guide Voodoo Doll must fall into lava in the Underworld, the Guide must die as a result, and at least 1 player must be in the underworld. If the Guide is currently dead when the doll falls into lava, the Wall of Flesh will not spawn because the Guide cannot die if he's already dead in the first place. The Guide must die and the message "[Guide's name] was slain..." must appear at the bottom-left corner of the screen. Killing the Guide by any other means will not spawn the Wall of Flesh. The doll must fall into lava and this must occur in the Underworld. After defeating the Wall of Flesh, the Pwnhammer is dropped, allowing the player to destroy Demon Altars to "bless" their world with some items and ores including Adamantite Ore, Mythril Ore and Cobalt Ore.
A second Wall of Flesh cannot be summoned if one is currently alive in the world. However, it's possible to consecutively summon the Wall of Flesh on the same world, as long as they are summoned and slain one at a time. (There is a glitch that has caused multiple summons before.)
Warning: Slaying a Voodoo Demon while it's flying over lava and not catching the doll before it falls into the lava can and will spawn the Wall of Flesh. It is usually preferable to spawn the Wall of Flesh by dropping the doll into lava from the player's inventory. Be sure to pick up all Guide Voodoo Dolls when they drop as lava can flow over top of a dropped Guide and consume it. This will also summon the Wall of Flesh.
When the Wall of Flesh is summoned, it will always spawn off the edge of the screen and begin traveling towards the world spawn point at the center of the map.
- If the doll falls into lava closer to the left edge of the map, then the Wall of Flesh will come from the left and travel towards the right.
- If the doll falls into lava closer to the right edge of the map, then the Wall of Flesh will come from the right and travel towards the left.
Attempting to EscapeEdit
- There are several bugs associated with the debuffs inflicted by the Wall of Flesh. Please see the Bugs section for more details.
When summoned, the Wall of Flesh inflicts all players in the Underworld with a debuff called Horrified. Horrified prevents the player from leaving the Underworld until they die or the Wall of Flesh is defeated. Attempting to use the Magic Mirror or leaving the server and coming back while the Horrified debuff is in effect will cause the player to explode upon arrival at their spawn point, and the unique message "[Player's name] tried to escape." will appear in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
If the player attempts to get behind the Wall of Flesh by any means, it will use a long tongue with a very far range to pull the player in front of it again, inflicting The Tongue debuff. While The Tongue debuff is in effect, the player cannot move or use items, and will likely take a large amount of damage as a result.
The Tongue may also come into play if the player simply stops moving or if they run too far away from the Wall of Flesh. Note that The Tongue is able to force the player to pass through solid blocks in the process of pulling them along.
The Wall of Flesh has two eyes that shoot lasers, and one mouth in the middle. These three locations are its vital points, and they share a combined 8000 health. Damaging the eyes or mouth is the only way to kill the Wall of Flesh; attacking any other part will not do any damage. Note that the mouth has 12 defense while the eyes don't have any defense at all, so the eyes are its greatest weak point.
Small, flying enemies called The Hungry float out in front of the Wall of Flesh. Initially, they are attached to the Wall of Flesh, similar to Man Eaters in the Jungle. When The Hungry take enough damage, they detach from the Wall of Flesh and will chase the player.
As the Wall of Flesh loses more and more health, several changes can be noticed. Its mouth will begin to "burp" out small, red worm enemies called Leeches at an alarming rate. Additionally, the wall itself will travel slightly faster and the lasers fired from the eyes will receive increases in damage, speed and frequency. Should any of The Hungry remain alive in the later stages of the battle, they will gain additional defense and their attack rating will increase as well.
The Wall of Flesh will disappear if it reaches the edge of the map, crushing the player if they are in the way. However, should the player die while fighting the Wall of Flesh, it is possible to return to the Underworld and continue the battle. The Tongue will grab the player from a great distance and throw them in front of the Wall of Flesh.
When the Wall of Flesh dies, it leaves behind a square of Demonite Bricks containing all of its drops. The message "Wall of Flesh has been defeated!" will appear to mark its death, and the message "The ancient spirits of light and dark have been released." will appear to denote that Hard Mode has been unlocked.
- Main Article: Hard Mode
Hard Mode will be permanently unlocked in a world when the Wall of Flesh has been defeated for the first time. In Hard Mode, the Corruption will begin to spread through Stone Blocks, sand, mud and even Sunflowers. To counter this, a new biome known as The Hallow will be generated the moment the Wall of Flesh dies. The hallow and the corruption can slowly spread through one another and together they will spread throughout most of the world.
Many new enemies are present in Hard Mode, and most notorious among them are the Clown, who uses bombs to blow up the environment and player buildings, and the Corruptor, whose vile spit attack can spread the corruption. One additional NPC, the Wizard is also available in Hard Mode, as are a wide variety of new items and weapons. Powerful new bosses such as The Destroyer, The Twins and Skeletron Prime await the player as well.
It should be noted that, like all other bosses (except Skeletron), that the Wall of Flesh can be defeated again on Hardmode, making it easily possible to obtain all 6 of the possible drops in the Demonite Brick cube. You'll still need another Guide Voodoo Doll to summon him again, though.
The following lists contain some good ideas on what kind of equipment to use when killing the Wall of Flesh for the first time:
- A full set of Molten Armor (gives the highest defense, makes melee attacks more effective)
- A full set of Necro Armor (makes ranged weapons more effective)
- A full set of Jungle Armor (makes spells more effective)
- A full set of Meteor Armor (makes space gun 0 mana cost)
- A full set of Shadow Armor (makes melee attacks faster)
An effective ranged weapon or spell:
- Phoenix Blaster with 400+ Meteor Shots or Silver Bullets
- Demon Scythe with a sufficient number of Mana Potions
- Minishark with 1000+ bullets for ammo
- Star Cannon with 200+ Fallen Stars for ammo
- Molten Fury with Hellfire Arrows, Jester's Arrows or Unholy Arrows
- Space Gun in case you run out of ammo.
- Water Bolt with some Mana Potions.
- Sharanga (Xbox/Ps3 only) with any arrows for the bow with change any ammo in to spectral arrows
A decent melee weapon to deal with swarms of enemies:
- Cloud in a Bottle or Cloud in a Balloon (double jumping)
- Spectre Boots (running and flying if player doesn't have a tinkerer's workshop, then Hermes Boots and Rocket Boots )
- Obsidian Shield (immunity to fire blocks and knockback)
- Mana Flower (uses mana potions automatically)
Many other accessories including but not limited to the Shackle, Band of Regeneration and Band of Starpower are potentially useful. It is highly recommended to Reforge all accessories as necessary so that they will give defense boosts or attack boosts.
- Ironskin Potions (for extra defense)
- Obsidian Skin Potions or Water Walking Potions (for dealing with lava)
- Healing Potions (at least 5)
- Mana Potions (for magic-users only)
- Thorns Potions (for reflecting damage done by the wall)
- Gravitation Potions (for flying over/around lava or obstacles)
- Optional: Featherfall Potions (useful whilst using Water Walking Potions, as jumping off high places into lava can kill you)
- Optional: Hunter's Potion (helpful for seeing enemies that spawn behind you)
Any other buff potion is potentially useful.
- Always maintain some distance between yourself and the Wall of Flesh so that you don't get The Tongue debuff and so that you don't get hit by its extremely painful melee attack.
- Make it a high priority to eliminate all of The Hungry, as they will get much stronger as the Wall of Flesh loses more health. That said, a confident player may be able to occasionally kill The Hungry as they drop hearts.
- The eyes of the Wall of Flesh have 0 defense, while the mouth has 12 defense, so aiming for the eyes will do more damage.
- A high defense rating (40+) can render lasers and Leeches virtually harmless.
- Many of the weapons listed above damage multiple targets simultaneously, which is very helpful against The Hungry.
- Ranged weapons are always advised against the Wall of Flesh, as melee weapons are typically both riskier to use and less effective.
- Lava and obstacles in the Underworld are one of the greatest threats when fighting the Wall of Flesh, so make sure that you have a way to deal with them.
- Sometimes it can be difficult to see in the Underworld, so you might want to have a source of light.
The following is a list of strategies that can be employed against the Wall of Flesh. This section is concerned mostly with tactics rather than specific equipment choices. For equipment ideas, refer to the Recommended Equipment section above.
This strategy is the safest way to fight the Wall of Flesh, though it can be time consuming to set up. For this strategy, prepare for the battle by building a long bridge in the Underworld. The bridge should form a perfectly horizontal surface and it should be above all of the lava. If obstacles such as Ash Blocks, Hellstone or Underworld Houses are in the way, simply mine through them and continue building the bridge. The length of the bridge should ideally be 1500+ blocks long, so you will need at least 6 full stacks (250 blocks each) of whatever building material(s) you're using.
While building the bridge, be sure to kill any Voodoo Demons you come across, but not when they're flying above lava. Wait for them to fly above your bridge and then kill them so that the Guide Voodoo Doll cannot possibly fall into any lava. Constructing the bridge will likely take somewhere between 15-25 minutes depending on various factors such as what gear you have and what obstacles you come across. If enemies you kill drop health hearts and mana stars, you might consider leaving them on the ground, as you'll be passing by later while fighting the Wall.
When summoning the Wall of Flesh, make sure you stand at whichever end of the bridge is furthest away from the world spawn point at the center of the map, then throw the doll into the lava. This will ensure that the Wall of Flesh travels in the appropriate direction so that you can utilize your bridge.
For fighting the Wall of Flesh, simply run backwards along the bridge while constantly shooting at The Hungry and the eyes of the Wall of Flesh with your ranged weapon of choice. The Hermes Boots are essential with this strategy, as they will allow you to maintain a safe distance between yourself and the Wall of Flesh. As noted under Misc Equipment above, rolling Grenades and/or Dynamite along your bridge can work very well with this strategy. Keep in mind that Dynamite will blow up the bridge--unless it's made of Dungeon Bricks. Note that while the bridge remains intact, you can use it to kill the Wall of Flesh over and over again if you want to collect its various drops. Another good method is placing many areas on the bridge filled with spiky balls before the summoning. You might want to place them near the summoning area so that they attack him early on. This goes with almost any method, as the balls will do damage to the wall without you having to go to close to him. However this only does lots of damage depending on the amount of spiky balls placed.
This strategy uses one or several weapons that can be fired rapidly and can either penetrate or bounce off of blocks, such as a Minishark with plenty of Meteor Shot or the Crystal Storm spell if you are just grinding for one or many of the items that the wall drops. The strategy itself is fully explained by the title. Go the opposite direction of the wall, and shoot in the direction of the wall, hoping you kill it before it kills you.
This strategy uses Gravitation Potions to fly around lava and obstacles in the Underworld. Its main advantages are that it provides a lot of mobility and that it doesn't require a ton of preparatory work such as constructing a bridge. With this strategy, simply drink a Gravitation Potion and use the up/down controls to fly up and down around the terrain in hell, while constantly shooting at The Hungry and the Wall of Flesh. Two things to keep in mind with this strategy are that you could be in a lot of trouble if your Gravitation buff runs out, and that, depending on how the Underworld was generated, moving around the terrain may be difficult or even impossible in some locations.
This is a slightly more difficult strategy to execute than the bridge strategy, as it requires some skill and experience to use Gravitation Potions, and shooting while your altitude is constantly changing is more difficult than when your altitude remains constant. However, it's still an effective strategy and it requires very little time and effort to set up.
Improvising is basically anything that isn't one of the first two strategies, or worst case scenario, an accidental summoning. Players may wish to prepare by placing a few blocks over lava before the battle, though they won't come close to forming a perfectly horizontal bridge. Or, players may wish to use a Water Walking Potion or Obsidian Skin Potion to deal with lava instead. Rocket Boots or a Grappling Hook are typically used to move around more easily.
Not recommended for newer players, killing the Wall of Flesh with a melee weapon can be accomplished by building a bridge so that you will always be able to hit the eyes/mouth, first take out The Hungry, then move up to the Wall of Flesh and mimic his moving speed, and attack him with your sword, keep this up and he should go down rather satisfyingly. Molten Armor and an Ironskin Potion are highly recommended so you can take the damage from lasers and the unlucky times when the wall hits you.
- The Horrified debuff might remain on the player after being killed by the Wall of Flesh.
- It has been reported that sometimes the Wall of Flesh may not be summoned when a Voodoo Demon is killed above lava (even though the doll falls in the lava and the Guide dies). This may also not be a glitch, as inexperienced players would kill the Voodoo Demon and be unaware of their fate, thus, this "addition" to the game may be to protect people from such a scenario.
- If the doll falls into lava very far away from the player (completely offscreen), the Wall of Flesh might spawn without eyes, a mouth or The Hungry, and is completely invincible.
- Sometimes the Wall of Flesh cannot be summoned a second time on the same world.
- Sometimes after beating, and then teleport back home, the next time you start, the world might be gone.
- Sometimes after you defeat WoF, some Leeches might follow you back to your house if you teleport.
- If the player gets behind the WoF the Tongue Debuff will activate and get stuck infront of the WoF.
- On a multiplayer server if there are multiple people fighting the Wof and someone falls behind the WoF, the Tongue Debuff will activate, but the player will get stuck behind a block and will not be able to mine their way out,move,or fight until the next logoff.
- Sometimes the WoF might not spawn even though you dropped the voodoo doll after the guide respawned
- The horrified state stays only in a certain area, where you first threw it is, and all the way it came from the point the doll was thrown it, to the point of the end of the world in the direction the WoF came from.
- Sometimes by doing the usual Terrarian wall of flesh summon, 2 walls might spawn, (With Hungry of course!) and you can enjoy double the damage, double the chase, and if you survive; double the loot.
- Sometimes after beating WOF, it might not leave loot(fosa).
- If the doll falls into lava too close to the edge of the world,the WoF will spawn and kill the player instantly, leaving the message, "<playername> was licked.".
- Frequently, when tossing the Voodoo Doll into lava, the Wall of Flesh may spawn going the wrong way (e.g. Spawns on the left, going left), causing it to immediately grab the player with its tongue, and then reach the end of the map within seconds.
- One way to fix the bug when the horrified debuff stays applied after the battle is to enter/create (then enter) a different world, let any monster besides the WoF itself kill you, exit the game, and come back to your main server where you had the Horrified debuff glitch. The debuff will be gone after dying by a monster in another world.
- Fighting another boss such as Eye of Cthulhu or Eater of Worlds (on the same world) should allow him to be spawned again
- If the Horrified debuff remains and the Wall of Flesh cannot be summoned, close Terraria and restart it. The debuff should not appear upon returning to The Underworld.
- If none of the above works and its impossible to summon WoF in any other world then you must make a new character or reinstall the game.
- To rapidly fix the huge lag problem you can always restart the server, causing all of them to despawn.
- When the Wall of Flesh spawns, heading the wrong way, one way to fix it is make a place to throw the Doll, near the middle of the map, and have the arena spread sufficiently on each side. The WoF will spawn near the edge of the screen, and either head the correct direction, where the player may continue to fight normally, or the glitch will happen, and the player will be grabbed by the tongue, where they can start fighting normally after it releases. (Tested 360 only)
- If fought and defeated for a second time near an Underground Corruption or Underground Hallow it has a chance to drop a Soul of Night/Light along with its other items.
- If defeated during Christmas time (15-31 Dec.), it can drop a gift.
- Added to the game.