|Rarity||Tier 0 (White)|
|Tooltip||Holding this may cause unwanted attention.|
|Sell Value||No Value|
|This item cannot be crafted.|
When the Water Candle is held in a player's hand (not in their inventory or placed on a surface), monster spawn rate and the amount of monsters allowed to spawn in the world total, are both increased by significant amounts. This makes it effective for players who want to farm for mob drops such as Doctor Bones etc. or wish to increase their chances of summoning the King Slime. The Water Candle also increases the amount of Fallen Stars when held at night time.
- The Water Candle can be placed under water and will continue to give light even when underwater. It may only be placed on a Wood Platform, a Table, or any flat Furniture item.
- The Water Candle's effect stacks with the Battle Potion.
- Holding Water Candles in a stack does not further increase the spawn rate of monsters.
- If the player is under water, you become unable to hold the candle.
- Water candles make the same blue light effect as a blue torch.
- Prior to the 1.0.3 update there was a bug where the Water Candle had no effect. Instead, the Band of Regeneration had the wanted effect. Since the tile ID of the Water Candle is the same as the item ID of the Band of Regeneration, it is likely that the game developers confused tile and item ID.
- When wearing a robe, and holding the Water Candle, the leg animation doesn't work, making it look like the player is floating. The bobbing of the player doesn't work either, just like the Candle.
- The candle and water candle have the same size and shape, just different colors.
- Fixed the bug where the Band of Regeneration had the Water Candle's desired effect