The Wisp in a Bottle is a pet-summoning item. When used, it will act similarly to a Fairy Bell and the Shadow Orb (Spell). It will summon a wisp that, unlike the others, will follow the player's movement inputs. It will go left if the player presses Left, and so on. This can prove to be a very useful way of locating caves and ores as it passes through walls; if the player presses down, the wisp will go down, but their character will not move. The wisp does not have a duration to it. It cannot be active at the same time as the Fairy Bell or a Shadow Orb. The wisp functions like a pet that follows you around.
- The wisp can be outrun if a player runs on a strip of asphalt and is under the effects of a Swiftness Potion, flies upwards with Red's Wings or Fishron Wings, rides on a minecart at max speed.
- Equipping Living Ocean dye in the dye slot will turn the Wisp invisible
- When equipped in the pet slot and colored by the Living Flame Dye, the wisp becomes invisible, but still provides its normal blue light.
- Fixed a bug where a player could have multiple light pets active.
- Fixed a bug where the Wisp would glitch when in water.
- Added to the game.