Wood is the most basic item obtained in Terraria. It is a replenishable resource dropped when the player cuts down a tree. Wood is an invaluable and bountiful resource in crafting, necessary to create numerous items and weapons. It is a popular choice for the walls of starting shelters due to its abundance and ease of acquisition.
- As of patch 1.1, wood close to lava or magma will not catch on fire.
- You can plant Acorns on grass blocks and trees will grow. By creating tree farms, wood can be harvested more easily.
- The most profitable way to sell wood is to construct kegs and sell them to NPCs.
- There are several different variants of Wood including Boreal Wood, Dynasty Wood, Ebonwood, Living Wood, Palm Wood, Pearlwood, Rich Mahogany, Shadewood, and Spooky Wood.
- Became material in Living Wood Furniture.
- Required tool to mine placed wood switched from axe to pickaxe.
- Stack size increased from 250 to 999
- Added to the game.
|Items Requiring Wood|
|Blocks||Wood Wall · Wood Platform · Planked Wall · Wooden Beam|
|Crafting Stations||Alchemy Station · Work Bench · Furnace · Loom · Keg · Cooking Pot · Sawmill|
|Furniture||Barrel · Bed · Bench · Bookcase · Wooden Chair · Chest · Dresser · Grandfather Clock · Torch · Mannequin · Piano · Sign · Tiki Torch · Wooden Door · Wooden Table|
|Tools||Wooden Hammer · Copper Pickaxe · Copper Axe · Copper Hammer · Gold Axe · Gold Hammer · Gold Pickaxe · Silver Pickaxe · Silver Axe · Silver Hammer · Iron Pickaxe · Iron Axe · Iron Hammer|
|Weapons||Wooden Sword · Wooden Bow|
|Consumables||Goblin Battle Standard|