Wood is the most basic item obtained in Terraria. It is a replenishable resource dropped when the player cuts down a tree. Wood is an invaluable and bountiful resource in crafting, necessary to create numerous items and weapons. It is a popular choice for the walls of starting shelters due to its abundance and ease of acquisition.
- As of patch 1.1, wood close to lava or magma will not catch on fire.
- You can plant Acorns on grass blocks and trees will grow. By creating tree farms, wood can be harvested more easily.
- The most profitable way to sell wood is to construct kegs and sell them to NPCs.
- There are several different variants of Wood including Boreal Wood, Dynasty Wood, Ebonwood, Living Wood, Palm Wood, Pearlwood, Rich Mahogany, Shadewood, and Spooky Wood.
- Became material in Living Wood Furniture.
- Required tool to mine placed wood switched from axe to pickaxe.
- Stack size increased from 250 to 999
- Added to the game.
Bugs and Glitches
- If you create a checkered pattern of wood up and down, (One block of wood for every other block) you will be able to glitch through the wood when going quicker than 20 miles per hour.See image to the right of the screen to view how the glitch is constructed.
|Items Requiring Wood|
|Blocks||Wood Wall · Wood Platform · Planked Wall · Wooden Beam|
|Crafting Stations||Alchemy Station · Work Bench · Furnace · Loom · Keg · Cooking Pot · Sawmill|
|Furniture||Barrel · Bed · Bench · Bookcase · Wooden Chair · Chest · Dresser · Grandfather Clock · Torch · Mannequin · Piano · Sign · Tiki Torch · Wooden Door · Wooden Table|
|Tools||Wooden Hammer · Copper Pickaxe · Copper Axe · Copper Hammer · Gold Axe · Gold Hammer · Gold Pickaxe · Silver Pickaxe · Silver Axe · Silver Hammer · Iron Pickaxe · Iron Axe · Iron Hammer|
|Weapons||Wooden Sword · Wooden Bow|
|Consumables||Goblin Battle Standard|