|Rarity||Tier 0 (White)|
|Crafted With||6 Wood|
|Crafted At||Work Bench|
Teleporting and burrowing enemies can circumvent doors, Skeleton monsters,Werewolves, Possessed Armor and Zombies during a Blood Moon can open doors, and Goblin Warriors & Goblin Thieves can break down doors regardless.A door won't open if the direction the player is facing while opening the door is blocked by other placeable blocks (such as bricks, dirt, chests, anvil, gravestones, etc.).
You can make a door which cannot be opened by Zombies during a Blood Moon by adding a Wooden platform to the top of the inside of the doorway. This prevents the door from opening for Zombies on the outside, but still allows you to open it as you need. Placing a wooden beam on the inside of the door will achieve a similar effect. This can be useful because you don't need to worry about barricading all your doors during a Blood Moon as they are already blocked off, but still usable. However, be aware that this will not prevent Goblins from simply breaking the door down regardless.
- An open door can support sand allowing it to be a trigger for a trap.
- A door will block the flow of water when closed, and will allow water to flow through when open, which allows the door to be used as a sort of floodgate.
- Two doors placed next to each other with no space in between must be opened by right-clicking the farthest one while facing it, and the nearest one while facing the other direction. NPCs, however, can apparently open doors in either direction without facing the other way, so they walk through unphased, though they sometimes forget to close one. It is unknown if monsters also have this ability.
- The door's icon in the inventory refers to it as "Wooden Door".
- A door also opens and closes when it is powered with a wire. This way, you can make an automatic door by placing Pressure Plates on both sides of a door and connecting them and the door with wires.
- If you grapple exactly on the middle of the door with a Grappling Hook, Ivy Whip or Dual Hook and open the door, you will fly through the doorway with the force of a grappling hook.
- If your original spawn is in the same place as a closed door and you use a magic mirror, the door will be destroyed
- New sprite