The Worm is a passive monster that is found Underground, or anywhere above ground while it is raining. It has 5 hp.
- It can be difficult to see. It is the second smallest monster in the game, after the Firefly. Being compromised of only 7 pixels when fully extended, and the fact that it moves extremely slowly, catching one takes some time.
- When caught with a Bug Net, it yields the item, Worm (Material), which can be combined with a Terrarium to craft a Worm Cage.
- They will spawn when players break the small dirt or stone piles also known as doodads on the surface. Smashing mossy stones will drop worms. Depending on size, they can drop 0 - 5 worms.
- Due to the plentiful and seemingly infinite amount of worms in a world, and the fact that they have 25% bait power, they are one of the most used forms of bait while Fishing.
- Worms will spawn above ground when it rains just like real worms do.
- Added to the game.