|Variety|| "Pincushion", "Slimed", "Swamp", "Twiggy", "Female", "Raincoat"|
The Groom, Doctor Bones, Zombie Eskimo
|Spawn Area|| Regular|
Glowing Mushroom Biome
55 - 80
10 - 12
The Zombie is a common enemy that spawns during the night on the surface or when the player is in the jungle at night or underground. Zombies attack by walking into the player and jumping when they need to get past something. During the night, Zombies will come to the player's home and try to break open any Wooden Door available, although they are only able to during a Blood Moon. They can be a serious threat to new players, which makes it a good idea to build a home before the first night. They are an easy enemy to kill when they are alone, but they usually appear in large groups, making them a challenge to new players.
Note: Placing a trench in front of a door will stop zombies from knocking it down, as they cannot jump and knock at the same time.
These zombies have several arrows sticking out of their bodies. They have higher health, attack, and defense than regular zombies. In addition to the regular zombie drops, they will always drop at least one Wooden Arrow.
These zombies appear as regular zombies with their head encased in slime. They have slightly less health and attack than regular zombies, but will always drop at least one Gel. They also have a 0.01% chance of dropping a Slime Staff.
These zombies are bald and do not use any red in their color palette. They have lower attack than other zombies, but move fasterVerify and have higher defense and knockback resistance.
These Zombies Don't have any other appearances, or abilities and wear a yellow Rain Hat and Rain Coat, both of which they have a chance of dropping when killed. These zombies can only spawn when it is raining.
These zombies are the strongest zombie in the game. They spawn in Glowing Mushroom Biomes and come in two forms. The first form is a fast zombie with spores around its body, which has 180 health. The other form is a zombie with a mushroom cap, which is more resistant to knockback, has more attack, defense, and health, but is slower. These zombies can also spawn at any time.
These zombies spawn only between October 24 and November 10 (real time). They appear wearing various costumes (such as superhero, nurse, and hornet, among others) and are statistically stronger than most other zombies.
These zombies spawn only between December 15-31 (real time). They appear wearing costumes (such as an elf or Santa Claus costume) and are statistically superior to most other zombies.
- When it becomes day, Zombies will walk off the screen and de-spawn if there is nothing blocking their path. Following them will prevent them from de-spawning. During this time, they will not be hostile unless they are touched.
- Zombies can jump 3 blocks across and 6 blocks high, which means you can easily trap them using a pit.
- Zombies don't target NPCs and will only focus on players. If, however, a Zombie walks into an NPC, he or she will take damage and can be killed.
- In Hard Mode, Zombies appear to spawn less frequently when a full moon rises, due to the spawning of Werewolves.
- Zombies have one "good" leg and one "bloody" leg, and appear to be dragging the bloody leg.
- In the Console Version, there is a Pet Zombie.
- During a Blood Moon, about 1 in 70 zombies are Grooms instead.
- When it is raining during the night, Zombies wearing rain jackets will spawn. These zombies have a chance to drop the Rain Coat and Rain Hat.
- All zombies except the spore zombies have a very small chance to drop the bladed gloves during the Halloween Event.
- Christmas costume textures added.
- Costumed Zombies no longer open doors on non Blood Moon nights.
- Halloween costume textures added.
- Added new zombie textures. Special zombies can drop Gel, Wooden Arrows, Rain Hat, and Rain Coat
- All zombies can now drop Zombie Arm.
- Added zombie texture with exposed brain.